Thread: Whacky cycles?

Default Whacky cycles?

Im 15mths post partum, its been 4mths since I finished breastfeeding Ds3 and for the last month of that he was formula/breast fed. I got my cycle back when he was 9mths old, perfectly normal length and heaviness. Not on any hormonal birth control.

The last 3 Ive had though have been weird. The first cycle ws 37 days long then really heavy bleeding, the second was only 27 days long with my period coming on the original time it should have been due going by my usual 30day cycle and heavy, now Im onto the third with CD33 and counting. The few cycles before this started my bleeding was very light and cycles were the usual 30 days.

Anyone had this happen before? Could it still be related to breastfeeding even though he has been weaned for going on 5mths and my cycles were regular BEFORE that? Should I go see an OBGYN about it?

Its incredibly frustrating and I dont want to go on the pill unless I absolutely have to as I just bled through it when I took it for one cycle between normal cycles and the 3 weird ones so I stopped it. Am looking into an IUD or something if we definately decide no more kids.
    Last edited by Freya; July 12th, 2010 at 08:53 AM.

Give your body sometime to get back into the swing of things hon. Mine have been 1 -2 weeks over on and off since I stopped BF tank over a year ago and only just getting back into my normal 28-30 day range now.

You could also be getting into sync with another female around you...funny thing is....I know of a few girls who are close to me and we have all gotten AF this last week...(start Twlight zone intro music)

I dont spend enough time with any other females to be able to sync cycles Maz. And the dog doesnt go on heat yet

I might give it a few more cycles then go see the GP for initial blood tests. Im just a teeny bit worried because we have ovarian cancer in our family and I always get ovarian cysts. Now my cycles have suddenly gone whacky.

Actually could it have something to do with a possible thyroid condition? My thyroid levels were borderline (low) about 7mths ago but the GP wasnt concerned even though I was lethargic, gaining weight even though I was eating healthy and a bunch of other signs.

If an inner voice is sounding alarms bells hon defently go to the doc. Better safe then sorry.

Oh and the girls im in sink with all live interstate or over 200km away from me.