thread: what could this be? (TMI)

Feb 2008
    Down Under

Question what could this be? (TMI)

DF and i DTD a few nights ago and we got caught up in the heat of the moment (as you do)....
    i am taking the pill and havnt missed any and also am BF'ing and FF'ing and havnt had my first period yet.
    Last night i woke up with some cramps and this morning i had some bloody (light brownish) discharge in my undies (sorry TMI) now im not sure if it could be the start of a period or something else?
    Has anyone been in this situation??

Feb 2008
    Down Under

anyone?

Feb 2008
    Down Under

umm ok.... thanks for viewing anyway!

Sep 2008
    Croydon, Victoria

Hi there!!
    Could be the start of a period or sometimes bleeding can occur after intercourse.
    Hope that helps!

Jan 2007
    where cosmopolitans and margaritas flow all night

Could be a period

Feb 2008
    Down Under

Thanks!
    i havnt had anymore yet, just a few niggles

Dec 2006
    In the Angelic Realm

I always get a light brownish discharge before my period. It takes about a day or so with this discharge and then i see my AF appear

It may be the onset of your first period.

Oct 2006
    Adelaide, SA

Was it the first time you've dtd since giving birth?
    I had a little brown discharge after dtd for the first time after giving birth to DS, didn't last long.
    I'd probably put it down to dtd...

Feb 2008
    Down Under

No its the second..
    Just went to the toilet and had some more.
    If it was from DTD shouldnt it happen the day after? not like 3 days after??

Meo Guest

How long have you been on the pill for? When I started on the pill for my IVF round 1 (yeah, I know, put someone who WANTS a baby on the pill lol), I hadn't taken it for a few years as I'd been using other contraception. I didn't start with my period, just afew days after it had finished, so I went straight onto the hormone pills, not sugar pills. I had some brownish discharge and cramping after taking about 3-4 days of the pill and stopped in case I'd accidentally fallen pregnant, but then just got a slight period again (withdrawal bleeding), so went back onto it when it was clear that I was UTD and didn't have any problems after that.

Guess I'm saying it could just be your body adjusting to a new drug regime, if you like? But I'd put it down to a period coming on soon.

Feb 2008
    Down Under

thank you! not stressing so much now!

Feb 2008
    Down Under

Have had a little more today, little bit more cramping too..