thread: Yet another AF question...

Apr 2009
    Addict-ville

Yet another AF question...

I'm a lttle worried. AF came to visit 2mths after ds was born. Then she left for a while and I was only getting light bleeding once a month lasting 3 days. Very normal for me. However she's back with full force and fury. And now she's been here for a full week and very heavy with plenty of clots.

Sorry to be graphic but I'm a little worried. I've never had it for this long and I'm feeling so out of whack. Also starting to get dizzy and nausous. Anyone have any ideas on the cause? DH is getting scared, he even tried to drag me to the hospital

2013 BellyBelly RAK Recipient.

Apr 2009

Are you on any contreception pill? I had a similar thing and it was my pill doing it. As soon as I switched to another one I was fine. See my Obstetrician put me on a strong pill as soon as my DD was taking solids (was still BF) but as Id gotton pregnant before on the pill thats why he thought I needed a strong one despite BF after 6months. When I went back to the mini pill everything went back to normal.

Do you have any pain? I have heard of people still having retained products up to 6months later. Either way if your feeling nauseous and dizzy you probably need your Hb checked to make sure your not aneamic which is very likely if your bleeding heavy and feel dizzy. Any chance you were pregnant again? I'd go to the dr and see about your Hb and possibly HCG if there is any chance you could have being pregnant.

Apr 2009
    Addict-ville

I thought I might have been pg again because I just kind of "felt that way". But all the tests were neg. And yes it hurts like all heck at the moment. I'm going to make a docs app because this is just silly.

May 2006
    Holland

Hey Waiting,

I was just wondering how your docs appointment went? I seem to be in the same boat as you.
    Since DS birth my af has been quite painless and reasonable but at the moment AF is painfull and heavy! I was wondering if that has to do with cutting down feeds or that it might have been an early mc as I felt pregnant too but no positive test.
    Hope the painfull and heavy AF is a one off for us!

Apr 2009
    Addict-ville

Hi. I didnt end up going. (I really dont like doctors). AF left after about a week after I posted and she hasnt revisited yet. I still feel "pg" but am still getting neg tests. So maybe it was just a spring clean for the body in prep for another pg?? Its the only thing I can think of.

I found that taking a pg vitaman helped with the dizziness and the nausia. However I did get a shocking headache staright after the departure of AF and that stayed for about 2wks. I dint know if that will happen to you, just try to keep up your fluids. And good luck.

May 2007
    Out of my mind.... back in 10 mins.

Hi
    Are you BF Jack at the moment or just finished BF?? As that can cause this kind of AF.

Do you get ovulation pain?? Or any kind of discomfort during the month??

After a pregnancy you body can take a while to get back in to a new cycle, so that is probably what is happening. If you want to really keep an eye on it keep a diary of everything that is happening and it you go to the Dr you then have a reference to look at and explain when/how things happened.

Take care
    Chris

Apr 2009
    Addict-ville

I'm still bf. And I didnt get any discomfort when I ovulated. I am keeping a bit of a diary and looking back my body seems really messed up. I'll give it a little while longer than try to see my gp again. As I said I really hate doctors.

Dec 2005
    In Bankworld with Barbara

It could have been that you've just not been shedding as much each time you get af and this one was just a good clean out of everything in there. I have just had my own shocking one this week that had me quite concerned (flooding pads and clots like you wouldn't belive) but I had a mirena out last month so this is the first 'real' one I've had for 5mths. You don't think it could have been a chemical pg do you?

Apr 2009
    Addict-ville

I thought if it were a chemical pg it would positive tests? Or does not happen?

Dec 2005
    In Bankworld with Barbara

I'm not really sure, if it were one, then maybe the levels of hormone were too low by then to register on a test? Or it could have just been one of those things.

May 2007
    Out of my mind.... back in 10 mins.

Hi
    BF will do this kind of thing. Plus I noticed that Jack is now 6 months.
    Alot of girls who BF find that AF stays away until 6m or even longer. So this is what it could be.

Just remember that every one is different, this may be just the way your body is adjusting after the preg and birth of Jack.

I agree with you about keeping the diary for a little while longer and if it keeps playing up go and see your GP. If you are seeing a clinic Nurse for Jacks weight/measurements ask your Nurse as she will have alot of knowledge about AF and BF. Clinic Nurses are a wealth of knowledge just waiting to be asked a question.

Good luck with eveything
    Take care
    Chris