Thread: Anyone else a WYD pilgrim?

Default Anyone else a WYD pilgrim?

DH & I decided to become pilgrims for WYD. We went to the opening mass last night in Darling Harbour which was fantastic!

I'm home today recovering from all the walking LOL DH is out until midnight doing various things with our group.

I'm looking at hiring a wheelchair for tomorrows pilgrimage to see the Pope in the city as its such a long day!

Is anyone else going??

I wont be doing Saturdays pilgrimage but I'll be at the final mass on Sunday

That's great that your going, it looks awesome and there's so much energy. I live in Brissy so I'm not going but I've been watching it on TV. If I was in sydney I would go, even though I'm not Catholic, we're all Christian and they look like they're having a great time!

Yeah it is great, everyones so friendly, its an awesome atmosphere (is that the right word? lol Mental blank here)

You could have stayed at my house & we could have gone together, I'm 5 mins from Manly, get the ferry across & then a short walk (made long though from all the pilgrims... very slow lol)

I've hired a wheelchair now so dont have to walk

How did the rest of it go Danielle? Do you feel that going strengthened your faith?

Quote Originally Posted by Nelle View Post
    How did the rest of it go Danielle? Do you feel that going strengthened your faith?
    It was so great. It was the strangest feeling as the Pope passed, so peaceful, I cant really think of the words.

Seeing all the young ones there celebrating together, everyone was so happy, no fights only "free hugs" LOL gives us hope for the future. Seeing all the different nations there getting along, it was awesome.

I dont know that attending "strengthened my faith", maybe it did, its hard to say. I will say that I'm incredibly happy I did attend, it was different to what I was expecting too.

I posted a pic of Pope Benedict XVI in my gallery if you want a look. I was standing ontop of a wheely bin to get the shot hahaha

What were you doing standing on a wheely bin at 35 weeks pregnant woman!?!? Eeek!

That great that you had a good time, it's one of those once in a lifetime things hey. Must have been a great vibe, I love those events, where people are united by something positive. Did you giggle at the Popemobile? It makes me giggle. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Nelle View Post
    What were you doing standing on a wheely bin at 35 weeks pregnant woman!?!? Eeek!

Did you giggle at the Popemobile? It makes me giggle. :P
    Yes it was one of those crazy moments, I had DH holding my leg & was keeping myself very stable but had to get a good look LOL

Yes I giggle at the Pope mobile too, its so cute & funny hehehe