Thread: Can you help please!!!!

Default Can you help please!!!!

We are getting our kids christened in April, and the Father ask us to make a donation to the church on the ceremony day.

My DH and I aren't really church goers, we have our beliefs, just don't attend church every Sunday, and we have no idea how much to donate.

Can anyone give me some idea on what is the norm? We don't want to sound cheap or anything but we really have no idea on how much to give.

Hope someone can help, TIA

I have been meaning to get Noah baptised as well and asked a few people who have done it what they think should be the donation amount or what they donated. I think the standard minimum would be about $50 and it goes up from there depending on how much you are financially able to donate. I would be interested in hearing other peoples thoughts on this as well. Best of luck!!

Thanks Little Miss Sunshine, I was thinking the same, starting from $50, but had no clue what so ever. Thanks for your help. I'll be interested to see what other people have donated. Thanks again.

We donated $200 to the parish and we wanted to give some to the priest but he wouldn't have a bar of it (he was a family priest from a different diocese) so because he wouldn't take any money we made him come for lunch afterwards And he did!