Thread: Conversations with God

Default Conversations with God

Perhaps I shoud have posted this in the books section but I felt it pertains to religion so feel free to move if in the wrong place.

I have been reading this book and think it is a wonderful way to live and all the reasons given just work for me, but do you believe what this book has to say? Do you believe God spoke to the author as he did to the people who wrote the bible?

Interesting thread starter, Miss H. I haven't read the book, but I recently saw the movie of the book, which is a recreation of the events in the author's life leading up to it being written, with some of the content included. So I'll be following the thread with interest.

Quote Originally Posted by Marydean View Post
    I recently saw the movie of the book, which is a recreation of the events in the author's life leading up to it being written, with some of the content included.
    A movie!? I didn't know there was one. Where did you get it? I would be very interested to see it.

I find alot of the ideas in this book to overlap with Eckhart Tolle's books. They are helping me to live my life better so I don't see them as being against God. I have never been one to believe completely in the Bible and the way the Bible is explained in CWG makes sense to me and sums up the way I have thought of it throughout my life. I am very interested to see if others have read this book and what they have thought.

I also believe the concept of the collective consciousness and what it is doing to this planet and it's people. Life could be so much easier if people worked together. But then it is stated that we have to have evil, hate etc in order to know love. How much evil do we really need though?

My sister found a copy of the DVD at her local video shop () so I went hunting and it turns out our public library has a copy.

My sense from watching the movie is that the message in his books is very universal. The film company that made it is called Spiritual Cinema Circle (all about spiritual movies, they have a club you can subscribe in where they send out DVDs every month on positive and uplifting themes) and they did a call out of their members to come along for one of the scenes where he is lecturing to at whole theatre full of people (in fact a lot of ppl in the movie weren't 'actors' as such) and listening to their comments afterwards it seems like some of them are Christian and some of them have very different spiritual frameworks and yet the message resonates with them all.