Thread: "rules" and ethics in satanism

Default "rules" and ethics in satanism

I've been pestering friends who are satanists for info on rules/ethics in satanism. This is what one gorgeous person gave me, she and her husband are satanists, her children have been taught about all different religions.

Horus/Set represents both the healing and destructive power of the sun. But how can Lucifer, Lord of Light also be the Prince of Darkness? The quick answer to that question is that he rules the heart of the Dark Goddess.

Satan or the Devil was never said to be the Prince of THE Darkness. It was intended as a riddle. ?Darkness? refers to the Goddess. The title ?Prince of Darkness? is an endearing sentiment illustrating the formula ?Love is the Law, Love Under Will.?

Which deity is on the side of Love? The Goddess,(representing Order). Which one has to do with Will? The so-called devil or God of Chaos. Passive and Active. Form and Force. Flesh and Spirit. The same qualities come into play.
    Furthermore, you cannot elevate the spirit while condemning the flesh and vice-versa! The truly enlightened individual realizes that all matter is composed of energy or ?spirit? and there can never be any separation. The aspiring magician must maintain a BALANCE in his or her perspective and not place one symbol above the other because they compliment, define and complete each other. Truly, the All is One!

The parable of Lucifer?s rebellion does denote free will, but certainly does not encourage devil worship - it simply teaches us not to bow before a higher authority. If I stumble and fall, it will be by my own hand. Should I rise again, it will be by my own hand.
    thanks to Jessamy Freespirit for the above information

The Eleven Satanic Rules of the Earth
    1. Do not give opinions or advice unless you are asked.
    2. Do not tell your troubles to others unless you are sure that they want to hear them.
    3. When in another?s lair, show him respect or else do not go there.
    4. If a guest in your lair annoys you, treat him cruelly and without mercy.
    5. Do not make sexual advances unless you are given the mating signal.
    6. Do not take that which does not belong to you unless it is a burden to the person and he cries out to be relieved.
    7. Acknowledge the power of magic if you have used it successfully to obtain your desires. If you deny the power of magic after having called upon it with success, you will lose all you have obtained.
    8. Do not complain about anything to which you need not subject yourself.
    9. Do not harm little children.
    10. Do not kill non-human animals unless attacked or for your food.
    11. When walking in open territory, bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask him to stop. If he does not stop, destroy him.

Anton Szandor LaVey, 1967 c.e.

The Nine Satanic Statements
    1. Satan represents indulgence, instead of abstinence!
    2. Satan represents vital existence, instead of spiritual pipe dreams!
    3. Satan represents undefiled wisdom, instead of hypocritical self-deceit!
    4. Satan represents kindness to those who deserve it, instead of love wasted on ingrates!
    5. Satan represents vengeance, instead of turning the other cheek!
    6. Satan represents responsibility to the responsible, instead of concern for psychic vampires!
    7. Satan represents man as just another animal, sometimes better, more often worse than those that walk on all fours, who, because of his ?divine spiritual and intellectual development,? has become the most vicious animal of all!
    8. Satan represents all of the so-called sins, as they all lead to physical, mental, or emotional gratification!
    9. Satan is the best friend the church has ever had, as he has kept it in business all these years!

Liber Oz
    There is no god but Man.
    Man has the right to live by his own law --
    to live in the way that he wills to do:
    to work as he will:
    to play as he will:
    to rest as he will.
    to die when and how he will:

Man has the right to eat what he will:
    to drink what he will:
    to dwell where he will:
    to move as he will on the face of the earth.

Man has the right to think what he will:
    to speak what he will:
    to write what he will:
    to draw, paint, carve, etch, mould, build as he will:
    to dress as he will.

Man has the right to love as he will: ---
    "take your fill and will of love as ye will,
    when, where and with whom ye will!" -- AL. I. 51.

Man has the right to resist those who would thwart these rights.
    "the slaves shall serve." -- AL. II. 58.

Satanism has always favored the interests of the individual over the collective. "Do What Thou Wilt" should be taken literally! Beware of the neo-Crowleyian, pseudo-Satanist with his neatly repackaged, rationalized, sanitized, deodorized, and whiter than white, cardinal virtues. No matter what the source, dogmas and creeds are meant to enslave.
    LaVey, 1967, c.e. From the Satanic Bible

paradise lost Guest

Wow. Thanks for that Schaz. Very interesting.

Bx

2. Do not tell your troubles to others unless you are sure that they want to hear them.

I don't really get this... there are many people suffering from depression that do this, including myself... I, its... well, I guess bellybelly is exempt because we do want to hear them!

9. Satan is the best friend the church has ever had, as he has kept it in business all these years!

Too right! LOL In my early 20's I was tripping on LSD, saw the devil and fires of hell as I was leaning over my stairwell... scared the [email protected] outta me! I went to the little old bluestone church the next day! And that was how I re-discovered Christianity!
    Last edited by Bathsheba; January 19th, 2008 at 10:09 AM.