Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another little girl lost...

Default Another little girl lost...

I was hoping I would never have to post here again, but sadly we have lost another little girl. Our first daughter, Emily was stillborn at 28 weeks with no cause found. After an early miscarriage, I fell pregnant again and our beautiful daughter, Julia was born, who is now 18 months old and the light of my life. After deciding we wanted a sibling for Julia, I fell pregnant in April this year and was hoping all our bad luck was in the past.

Unfortunately, this was not the case, and after a not very positive nuchal scan which showed an umbillical hernia and possible heart defect, we had a cvs test done, only to discover our little baby had Trisomy 18 (Edward's Syndrome). This syndrome, unlike Down's Syndrome, has no hope of any type of life for the baby, and most don't make it to full term, and those who do, don't live past a few weeks. After going through a stillbirth with Emily after such a long time, we made the heartbreaking decision to end the pregnancy at 16 weeks, saving our little baby any more pain in her short little life.

Our little girl, who we named Skye, arrived on the 8th July after 24 hours of being induced. I never thought I would have to go through all that again, and it brought back all the horrible memories of my labour with Emily. We saw our little girl, so tiny and precious, and was able to hold her. We had her cremated and will one day soon scatter some of her ashes near Emily's grave so they can be close together.

I'm finding it hard to properly grieve for Skye, as Julia demands so much of my attention and has really been affected by my going to hospital and then the subsequent sadness that has filled our house. I have been pregnant 4 times now, and have only one live child to show for it. Julia is such a joy to me and I want to give her a sibling and I'm hoping I can find the strength to try again.

Hopefully all our bad luck has passed and we can have another baby in our house again soon.

Doza, I cant stop my tears!

My heart breaks for you

Your angels will protect you and their sister, Julia here on earth

My thoughts are truly with you
    Last edited by Kazmar; July 21st, 2010 at 08:37 PM.

Aww Doza... Hugs! My thoughts are with you during this heart breaking time :-(

I'm so sorry for the loss of your beautiful daughter, Doza.

Oh Doza, I am so sad for you. No one should have to experience such heartbreak.

I hope that you will be holding a bub in your arms soon.

So very sorry for the loss of your daughter, massive to you, I feel your pain.

Regards,
    Dianne
    Emmanuel born sleeping @24wks
    Trisomy 13

feeb is offline Thankful for the kindness of my 2012 RAK making me Life member

So sorry to hear of your loss, may Skye and Emily forever watch over you all.

RIP little angels.

xoxo

feeb is offline Thankful for the kindness of my 2012 RAK making me Life member

double post

I am so, so sorry

Default My heart is breaking for you

I am so sorry for the loss of your beautiful daughter Skye and Emily and your little angel too.
    I was high risk for trisomy 18 and 13 and had the cvs done only to be told our DD didn't have it. I cannot imagine what you are going through - Just going through being told we should terminate the pregnancy due to the fact they thought she had 13 and 18 was traumatic enough. You sound ike a wonderful mother who will always make sure ALL her children are never forgotten

xox

I am so very sorry you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers

I'm so so sorry for your loss of your precious babygirl.

xox

So sorry to hear of the passing of your angel and all the pain you have had to endure. It is so unfair that you have had such a hard road to walk to get your family. I hope that one day you will be blessed with a sibling for your little girl(s).

so sorry you had to make the heart breaking decision that so many of us have had to make my heart aches for you

There really are no words, but I am so, so, so, so sorry

Doza, I am so sorry to hear about your lost angels, life really sucks sometimes. Take your time to grieve for your precious little angel, as hard as it is to do with a toddler around. I hope and pray that one day you will be able to give Julia a beautiful sister or brother. Big hugs hun.

Beata xxx

DS1 Joshua Andrew, stillborn 01/10/2008, 21 weeks
    DS2 Cameron Oliver, born safely into my arms 16/03/2010

Ohhh, Doza, I am so sorry to her about your baby girl. I think you are a wonderful mummy for still having energy to pour into your gorgeous earthside girl while you grieve your newest angel in the sky. I'm sure Julia will be a great big sister.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast