thread: Bye bye my birthday baby

Dec 2007
    Melbourne

Bye bye my birthday baby

Some you girls night have seen me around the LTTTC area and to others you may not even know who I am.
    My DH and I had been TTC for the last 3 or so years. Some months more than others. I had gotten to the stage I was just going to be thankful with dd and focus on the positives. But my body had other ideas.
    Last month AF was over a week late, but as the same thing happened the month before I wasn't too concerned. The only difference was that this month I would POAS. Imagine my surprise when the positive came up straight away even before the control line. A nice dark line. We had an early ultrasound to rule out ectopic pregnancy as I was getting pains and all was where it was meant to be My due date was my birthday. Surely it was meant to be

We only told a handful of people and waited for my OB appointment (I am diabetic so my gp wanted me to go ASAP). Wednesday arrived and off I trundled to my appointment feeling a little of the excitement that I had been trying to quell. When I saw the OB I mentioned that I had still been getting pains so she said she would do another scan to ease my mind. We talked about how this was unplanned but very much wanted. As she scanned I looked at the screen and quickly realized that all was not ok. The sac had not grown in the nearly 2 weeks from my previous scan (done at my gp office). As there was no one there to do an internal scan in the Early Pregnancy assessment area I had come back the next day. Queue a horrible night. I head back the next day.. Scan done. All sure I have a non viable pregnancy but the kicker is (to cover their arses) because I have not had 2 scans there on the same machine no one will officially call it. So I have to go back next week for another scan. I have already accepted its over. I haven't had any bleeding so waiting for that too if not a D&C for me. I just want this to be over so I can grieve or whatever.

Thanks for reading I just had to share

Add TeniBear on Facebook Follow TeniBear On Twitter

Oct 2009
    Lalor, VIC

Oh sweetheart

Sent from my iPhone, probably while a toddler sits on my head.

Oct 2007
    Middle Victoria

I'm sorry you lost your birthday baby. xx

Jun 2010
    District Twelve

Im so sorry Indie24

I really hope you get your longed for little one really soon.

Take care x

Jul 2007
    melb

Huge hugs so so sorry to hear you have lost your much wanted baby. Take it easy hold your DH and DD close and cry as much as you need, we are all hear to help you.

I do find there policy really strange. When I had a MC I had scan in OB rooms he sent me down for a proper scan and that was it, back up to him and D and C.

Mar 2007
    Melbourne

so sorry your little one couldn't stay

Apr 2008
    Melbourne

Oh darling, so sorry, big hugs to you. Be kind to yourself.

Sep 2007
    Brisbane

So sorry what a kick in the teeth

Oh Donna. I am so sorry

Platinum Subscriber

Apr 2010
    coastside, Vic

I'm really sorry to hear that Donna

2014 BellyBelly RAK Recipient.

Dec 2008
    Melbourne, VIC

Huge hugs hun, I'm very sorry for your loss

Mar 2004
    Sparta

So sorry your birthday baby couldn't stay.

Feb 2010
    on a big patch of paradise.

Sorry hun. lots of hugs your way

Oct 2006
    In a house, on a hill with a big fat welcome mat!

Hugs I am sorry

BellyBelly Member

Jan 2010

I'm so sorry this has happened to you. Take care xox

Jan 2008
    Brisbane

I'm so sorry your birthday baby couldn't stay

Mar 2006

I am so so sorry

Jul 2010
    Melbourne

I am sorry to read this Big for you xx