Thread: just had second miscarriage

mommyto1 Guest

Default just had second miscarriage

I'm hoping that someone out there has some advice or has some hope to offer me. I have one healthy boy born 08/05 and he was a surprise pregnancy. I had a very normal pregnancy and birth. My husband and I decided to start trying for our second child in May. We got pregnant that first month but I miscarried at 8 weeks although I think the baby only made it to 6 weeks. We started trying as soon as my cycle came back and this time it took us about 3 months. We found out last week that I was pregnant and I began to get all those good pregnancy symptoms (nausea, enlarged and tender breasts). I thought for sure that the one miscarriage was just one of those things and that this pregnancy would be fine. Well, yesterday I miscarried. I am really in shock. My Hcg level was only 35. I never expected this to happen twice and now I'm concerned that I will never have another baby. We pushed for testing and will have that done next month but in the meantime I am just in agony over what this might mean for our family. Does anyone have any words of wisdom or similar story? Thanks!

I hun,
    I just wanted to send you some {{{HUGS}}}

slyder Guest

Mt1, you will find that your situation is quite common and just one of the horrible things you ladies go through in order to carry children. If you have a look around this site, you will find heaps and heaps of ladies that have had one, two or many miscarriages but still have healthy children either side of the losses.

Another example is a friend who had three miscarriages for no apparent reason before going on to have a happy healthy little girl.

It would seem that for the most part, no-one really knows why some pregnancies progress, and others don't. Do not despair, you will get there.

I am so sorry for your loss.

I have had 3 miscarriages two after my first DD and then one after my DS i now have 3 wonderful kids. I would say never give up hope. I know it's hard and painful right now but there is always hope.

mommyto1 - looks like i will be joining you - i started bleeding this morning - guess this is the start of my 2nd M/C - i know how much it hurts! look at the bright side - at least you have one DS that you can give all your extra love and cuddles too!
    i feel like a failure - cant even carry one to full term!

I had a miscarriage two days ago - my first.

I am just so thankful that I was able to actually get pregnant! At least I have the option to try again.

Jessica

sorry to hear your sad news, i have lost 5 little angles and i dont know why , we will keep on trying. sending you a big hug.

After experiencing my first miscarriage last week, I can now understand how you must be feeling, and realise it must be even harder and disappointing the second time. I am scared that I too may miscarry next time round and not sure how I will cope.
    I know that you need time to be sad and to let out your emotions and that hearing people say things will be OK can be annoying, but I am sure they will be.
    Even as sad as I am, I am thrilled that I can in fact get pregnant. Also, my mum had 5 miscarriages for no apparent reason, yet had 5 healthy children all naturally. So even though it frustrates me that she tells me to just start trying again, in some ways she may be right...just doesnt seem so now...: )
    Sending you a big hug.
    B

mommyto1
    I can so relate to where you are.... i have had 3 miscarriages and after the 1st one, 2nd one and 3rd one thought what if I have only one child. I had tests on the 3rd (they often wont test until after you have had 3 in a row) and my little boy had an extra chromosome. This is often the case, I hate to say this because I hated hearing it myself but it is mother natures way. My baby wasn't going to survive and possibly all three of my angels were the same. Take heart that there are so many of us that have been through the same, similar or worse but we are all coming out the other side with happy, healthy babies.

Now is the time to take care of you and go through your grieving process. It is a really difficult time but I know you will come out the other side of this a stronger and braver woman.

(((hugs))) I dont have any advice but wanted to let you know I am thinking of you

No advice from me, as I know everyone is different. Just a big hug and lots of sympathy , as we had our 2nd m/c on the weekend.

Sorry to hear of your losses hun... :hugs:

I've had 2 m/c, so I know where you are coming from. It is a difficult time for you but remember to take care of yourself. DF & I went to the fertility clinic where I did a huge blood test (they took out 9 tubes of blood) but they couldn't find anything wrong. Although they just put it down as Coeliac disease (I'm allergic to gluten).
    But look where I am now, 30 weeks pregnant & loving life. So there is always a light at the end of the tunnel as hard as that may sound.