Thread: Second m/c how do I keep hope alive

Default Second m/c how do I keep hope alive

Today I found out that my little angel no longer has a heart beat I'm suppoed to be 9wks but its only showing 7wks3days

I had another m/c at the beginning of the year which I had a d&c for, this time I'm letting it happen naturally as I bascially did it all myself last time.

I'm just so scared that this is gonna keep happening, I so don't understand whats wrong with me, even though I know it's mother natures way of doing what she does best.

If anyone has any support right now I would be so gratefull to have it.

i can't give you answers - i wish i could - but i will send you mammoth hugs hun. any loss is devastating, but when it happens more than once, it's horrible. i'm so very very sorry for your loss hunny

I just wanted to say there is hope.. I have had 2 losses but now have 4 children.. my losses were in between DS1 and 2 and 2 and 3..

Good luck for the future,,

Don't loose hope AWF- i had 2 m/c before i had DD, who is now 8 months old. Rest up, and be gentle on yourself. x

Angelwildfire - I am so sorry that you have had to suffer the pain of pg loss twice - once is cruel enough but twice is just awful. Unfortunately I've lost two pg also - I still feel the pain and think about my angel babies every day. But DH and I just refused to lose sight of 'the big picture' and ob has repeatedly told us that he hasn't seen a couple like us yet who haven't gone on to have a healthy baby. So after 4 months we started trying again and I fell pg on the third try. I'm very nervous, very scared but very excited also because although there is the chance I will m/c again, there is a much bigger chance that this bub is going to go to full term. You just have to believe.

I think I got my ttc confidence back after ob did the tests, because that helped me get rid of the 'there's something wrong with me' thoughts.

It is so so so hard but please don't give up - find a good doc (if you don't already have one) and don't lose sight of that bub.

sorry to hear of your losses , i know it is not an easy path , but when you get to hold that special baby in your arm it will be worth all the pain you have been through. sending you a big hug.

sorry for your losses angelfire. I think a second loss in a row is especially hard to deal with (not that a single loss is easy at all!!!) I have lost 3 bubs, 2 of them in a row, then gone on to have a successful (but nerve-racking) pg.

I agree with the other girls it is so so so hard but worth the pain and anxiety in the end when you do end up with that beautiful, special bub that has angel babies in the sky watching over it. I always felt my last (successful) pg was watched over by my angel babies, which helped keep me strong.

best of luck, thinking of you.

I'm sending you a huge sweety. I too feel your pain of loosing 2 precious bubbas but now am fortunate to have my "forever earth baby", but please know that you will have your "forever" earth baby one day too.

My advice to you is find yourself a great GP and get a referal to see Gyno/Ob to have a chat with.Take care and don't loose sight of your dream

hey there

i felt exactly the same after mc#2. It was the worst part of my life, i really feel for you.

There are no answers, there is "nothing". (well, thats how i felt anyway).

But to try to give you a bit of hope - I now have a Lil Miss growing nicely in my belly.

Take care hun, once you get through (though these feelings wil never really go away) you will get to a point where its "ok".

ANd you will have a lil bubba in your belly, too

Thank you Thank you Thank you, you have all made my hopelessness seem a little less with your sharing of your own rollercoaster rides

I'm still waiting for the m/c to really start as there has only been a little loss so far, thats a little tuff, Im just sorta getting on with my days as there is nothing else I can do. I think thats the really hard thing is feeling so very helpless knowing I can do absolutely nothing to stop it

I have only the joy of looking at DS knowing that we can do it as he is perfect

So thank you all again