Thread: Anyone had this happen with teeth???

Default Anyone had this happen with teeth???

My 7 year old got his teeth from about 14 months old, so late in comparison to some.

He has not lost any teeth as yet but has a loose front bottom tooth and the other looks as though it is getting loose too.

The problem we have is that we discovered (when i helped to brush his teeth the other day - he usually does it himself) is that the 2 bottom front adult teeth have already started to grow through. They are the same width as the 4 little ones and sitting at about the same height.

I was wanting to know if this has happened to anyone else and what if anything was done about it? We have dentist appointment tomorrow, but just wanted to get a heads up incase they decide to tell me they want to pull them out which i am sure my son would love...NOT

Thanks in advance

My teeth were like that when I was his age, the adult ones grew behind the baby ones. I did have to have the baby ones taken out but it was nowhere near as bad as having adult teeth removed.

My DD was like this with all her baby teeth just about. They didnt fall out, they were mostly pushed out by the big teeth. It didnt take long. If you dont want the dentist to pull them just tell them not to. They will come out on their own when the big ones grow more.

of course it means you miss out on the cute little stage of no teeth and a big gap and the funny little lisp..... but if it is going to stress the kid I would just let it happen naturally. If the dentist wants to insist just tell them you need time to think about it .......

of course it means you miss out on the cute little stage of no teeth and a big gap and the funny little lisp..... but if it is going to stress the kid I would just let it happen naturally. If the dentist wants to insist just tell them you need time to think about it .......

And the wobbly tooth wiggling (that grosses me out) stage!

We have the wobbly thing happening, the gap thing doesn't bother me either way even though he is a pageboy at my BIL's wedding in may but a bottom gap you prob won't see.

I am just concerned of either scaring the cr*p out of him if they need to be pulled and than having a fear of the dentist (like me), or not pulling them and then having the new ones needing braces or the like because they are in the wrong spot...... I guess I just need to weigh up both options, only have 1 dat to do so though .

Myson - can I ask how old your DD is now and how her teeth are?

Alioops - did you end up needing braces or anything or did the teeth move forward on their own?

It is called shark's teeth. Kameron had it happen as well. But he has two perfect adult bottom teeth now.

I had a similar situation with my top teeth, the adult teeth had come through and I still had 1 baby tooth- right smack bang in the middle of them! I remember I was about 8 when this happened and the school dentist were doing there visits...and to my horror they decided to pull it out - and sorry to say it's scarred me for life (she was a very mean dentist though, not a kid friendly one at all).

Its probably too late now if he is going to the dentist tomorrow, but I tried my hardest to wobble it out (I was given a couple of days notice, but unfortunately it wasn't long enough) - if only I had a little more time, I'm sure I would've succeeded. Hopefully you get a friendly dentist who can make it a more pleasurable experience (as pleasurable as it could be anyway).

Good luck...I hope it all works out and your son (and mine) doesn't get the same fear of dentists like us.