Thread: Help...It's out but still hurts

Default Help...It's out but still hurts

Ok so I had my wisdom tooth out on Wednesday arvo and it went really well. It was straight forward and while I have been taking panadol radid it's been fine until tonight. It has started trickling blood and is throbbing with pain now. Is this normal or should I go back to the dentist. What is your experience with wisdom tooth pain?

paradise lost Guest

It should never get worse, only better. It sounds like dry socket, when the clot becomes disrupted and the bone gets inflamed. Go back to the dentist.

Bx

definately go back ouch

Quote Originally Posted by hoobley View Post
    It should never get worse, only better. It sounds like dry socket, when the clot becomes disrupted and the bone gets inflamed. Go back to the dentist.

Bx
    yeah that! sounds like a dry socket - and if you don't go back to get it looked at, it will just get worse...

Thanks ladies,
    I went back to the dentist and it turns out that it is dry socket and is soo freakin painful. The dentist packed it with a dressing and gave me AB but it is killing me. Should I get it repacked if it keeps hurting?

paradise lost Guest

It should begin to subside within about 2 days, so if it doesn't then go back. Usually AB's do the trick pretty fast hun, hang in there.

Bx