Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Calling all foster carers!

Kim,

Congratulations so happy for you - celebrate your good fortune

Thank you so much both of you, this is just amazingly unbelivable, I am so thrilled!!!

Default Re:

Foster carers will only normally be paid these amounts when a child is actually in their care. Some foster agencies, though, do pay a retainer to foster carers who are available for work but don?t currently have a placement.

According to the latest figures from the Fostering Network fifty per cent of foster carers don?t receive a fee payment on top of their basic allowance. Many of these people rely on other employment, a partner?s income or benefits.

I've been a fan of the author and foster parent Cathy Glass since she wrote her first book a few years ago. She has totally inspired me to foster in the future.

Her books are a fantastic resource for insight into fostering She has fostered lots of kids over the years and has written about these experiences with five children. Heartbreaking. I must warn you, they make you cry. Have tissues handy. But that is exactly what you should know before fostering I think. She's also about to publish a book about Happy Kids soon and Kids in Care in Jan 2011. The books are beautifully written, and you won't be able to put them down. If you want to check them out she has a website, which details each book and upcoming works. The testimonies will speak for themselves.

Cathy Glass - best selling author and foster carer

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12