Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Uni Students 2008

Peach Guest

Hey Everyone! Good luck with Semester 1 2008!

I have transferred from B EarlyChildhood to B BusinessAdmin.

Studying externally... after some long and hard thought I think my time in the Early Childhood industry is drawing to an end professionally. When I go back to work (in about 6 years time when my babies are at school) a desk just from 9-3 will be great!

wow Jen - im doing BECE and working three days - ive been in the industry for 12 years now and look at this course as the next step in getting off the floor but still able to have some contact time - im looking to head into ISS or Child protection after my degree

TBH i think i will need to do the course part time as i dont think i can fit it all in as well as all our IVF stuff too. But at the same time i really want o get this finished as soon as i can ahhhhhh

All the best with it Jen. My first degree I did Commerce and this time around I'm doing Early Childhood Teaching I figure there are loads of admin opportunities in EC when I get tired of the hands on stuff... I'm thinking maybe child advocacy or parenting education long term.
    Pitapata- I'm studying part time. Dropping to only one subject this semester! But I'm not in a rush now we're having a baby as I don't want to go back to work for a few years.

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

I'm only doing one unit this semester and one next semester. With working 4 days a week 8-5pm, a family and uni to boot, I had to realistic about my course load. I also want to do well, so don't want to overburden myself and end up not putting enough effort into a spread of units because I don't have enough time for them all.

But yeah I would love to be able to do this full-time, and get it done so that I can move into work in that field, but right now, while it's my goal, it's a very very long term one. But I work coz I have to, so until I win lotto, I've got to take it a unit at a time, too.
    Last edited by sushee; March 1st, 2008 at 12:59 PM. Reason: grammar

I'm doing 2 units off campus this semester and I'm quietly wondering what on earth posessed me to do post grad studies as I read my Unit outlines.
    After not studying for 7 years it's going to take me a while to get back into the swing of it!
    ..Laura

Well I have pretty much all of my books now! I went to get one from the local uni bookshop on friday and I had Claire in the pram with me and they let me jump the huge queue. The line to get into the shop was about 100 metres long, then the line inside the shop to pay was just as long. They let me go to the front of both lines! Much better than standing in the line with a screaming baby.

I'm madly reading my texts like a huge nerd. DH tells me I am a nerd.

Nerd alert here as well! Gosh there is so much reading involved, its crazy.

Talking

i'm stoked i got my first assignments back today 23 out of 24 for the maths ( i lost one mark for not reading the title properly ) and 7 out of 7 for the english part so yay me i feel so much better about it all now i posted my next 2 assignments today they aren't due till the 24th and the 31st but hey i'm eager and with easter and ryans birthday i want to be ahead

Shazz, well done!! Good luck on the next two. I'm sure you'll ace them just like the first two. My first assignment isnt due till May, but I have started doing it. Its a group assignment.

Talking

I'm doing a bach of early childhood by distance education!

I have never looked up so many words in a dictionary as I have in the last 3 months!

everyone preparing to go into ssemester 2 i'm really excited i decided to jump feet first and i'm starting my degree now instead of starting semester 1 next year so i've taken on 2 units on campus brought all my books i'm going to need a shopping trolley to carry them around or maybe a chiropractor lol

any one out there applying for mid year intake

After trying all year to get an assignment with a credit and finally giving up and being happy with a pass what happens but I get a credit!

I am almost going out of my mind waiting for release of semester results!!!

Hi girls

Wow, you are all very dedicated, well done. Good luck with your results for 2008, and all teh best or a new study year in 2009.

I'm an RN and have done a lot of nursing study including a Masters so if any of you studying nursing need any help, just yell!

I am doing psychology though open universities to begin with, then transferring to Monash uni later. So I'm doing psychology 1A nowover the Summer. So far so good, enjoying the subject matter, but now wondering about the wisdom of studying over summer!

Hi Neptune you may be sorry offering help lol

I'm mid way through summer semester and can't wait till this one is over to tell you the truth why oh why did i do this to myself when the kids are on holidays someone wasn't really thinking to far ahead semester one 2009 i will be going full time hopefully into the excelerated program which will see me finish as ryan hits grade 1 yay i'm looking forward to getting stuck into it in 2009

I hope all went well with everyone's 2008 results... mine were what I expected but I failed one subject... so going to do it again next semester (summer school for this subject had already started before the results release... um what was I supposed to know I would definately fail!!)

So bring on 2009!

Tk1999 ~ it is a pain that they can't release results in time for re enrollment ( if nesscesary ) i had the same dilemma fortunately i actually passed the one i thought for sure i'd fail good luck for the next semester

Congrats to all those who have completed their year studying, or have just found out they got in for next year!

I didn't do anything 1st semester 08, as thats when Eva was born. In 2nd semester I picked up 1 subject, but it was hard going as I was newly single with 2 kids. I didn't manage to get to a single lecture or class, but still managed a credit... massive relief!!!
    Not sure what I am doing next semester. I am enrolled in 2 subjects, but dont know how I can pull it off with attendance/daycare etc and an XDP who can't really be flexible to help with the kids.
    Anyway, will enjoy my holidays and think about it in a few weeks.
    I'm halfway through my B. Nursing. At this rate it will take another 3 years....

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast