Thread: itti bitti problem

Unhappy itti bitti problem

Hi!

(Sorry for my long-winded story, but its the middle of the night, and I am quite tired, and quite disappointed...and have a tendancy to ramble...)

I have been interested in MCN for a little while now, but wanted to see some in real life before I bought some, and my opportunity finally came with the PBC expo in Brisbane this weekend. I went along to the expo just so I could check some out, and ended up buying the itti bitti d'lish trial pack - got red and the new peppermint - yummo!!!!

Anyway, I finally got a chance to have a look at them, wishing that I had been able to do it earlier, so I could get them washed and dried and put on DDs butt.

So anyway, I was removing the snap in pieces, so they would be ready for me to wash in the morning, and one of the yellow snaps broke. It didn't unsnap!!

Instead, the entire thing stayed together still attached to the nappy, and had pulled out of the snap in bit. So now there is a hole (perfectly circular, didn't tear the fabric at all) where the snap should be, and the snap is still together on the outer bit of the shell.

I am quite disappointed.....I was soooooo excited about buying them, and wanting to test drive them, but now I can't.......but overall, still LOVE the d'lish (well, the look of it anyway! Don't know how it handles yet)!

Anyway, (finally getting to the point of the post!) what I'm hoping one of you fantastic people can help me with is:

What do I do now?

Do I have to email itti bitti and tell them about it and send it back to them, or do you reckon that they would just be able to exchange it if i took it back to the expo stall? I'm hoping that I can just take it to the expo people....

Is there a phone number for itti bitti people that would answer on a Saturday and be able to tell me? Spose I'll have to hunt on their website for that one...but figured maybe one of you great girls might know?

I hope that someone can help me!

I'm sure they'd replace it for you, I bet they'd be horrified that it broke, I've never had an itti break on me, so definitely take it back if it's convenient for you hon! Otherwise you can email them to let them know and they'll get you to send it back to them.

Either way I'm convinced they'll replace it, I've found Itti Bitti customer service to be really lovely.

What a pain, we love our ittis, so I'm sure you will too, once you get this sorted! Found a number too on this page, but I didn't cut and paste the number in case it's also her private mobile, though I can't imagine it would matter too much. Good luck!

Thanks Nelle!

I have sent her an email, and hope that she can get back to me quickly... I thought about calling the mobile number, but then thought that it might be her private number and she might not work on Saturday, and not want to be annoyed about something like this on a weekend.

Also, I have a habit of not being able to ramble, and stumble over my words, and lately have a problem where I can't seem to even form a sentence! So I figured that I would make a lot more sense if I wrote an email instead.

Thanks for your reply! Oh, BTW, I read though your entire "help for new users" thread, and it was very helpful - it really is a very confusing world out there, none of my family or friends have ever used cloth, so I'm going in alone! Maybe I can start a new trend with them now...

Ring the number if you can and I think there would be a good chance you could swap it at the expo.

Take into account the cost of traveling there though and it may be worth the wait for postage if it is costly. I know I'm probably out of pocket about $20 for petrol and parking to go to on of those expos

I may have seen you i was working at the stand yesterday! I am sure Sue is working today! if you went in today i am positive you will get an exchange! But as raven said if you dont live close it may be better to wait to get it posted, but keep in mind they may sell out of your preffered choice

Good luck i am sure it will work out and you too will become addicted to the itti bitti!

Thanks for your help!

Boomba - it was you that served me! I will see how I go - have nothing else to do today, so I might go there just for the fun of it, but will depend on it DD is still a happy chappy in a little while...

So I ended up going in to the expo again, and they happily exchanged the nappy for me!

Thanks again for your replies.

thats great Ali i knew they would!Have fun using them

Default itti bitti have a 6 month warranty on workmanship

So they are very good with this type of incident.

cia I think you'll find that most of the nappy WAHM/companies give warranty periods and stand by their product in the event of a manufacturing fault such as this.