Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: itti bittis and heavy wetters..

Thumbs down itti bittis and heavy wetters..

im actually in the middle of contact with the company over this but i was just interested to see your opinion..
    ds is almost 12mths and a very heavy wetter.. i bought a bulk load of ittis coz i really liked them with my daughter but i find they ALWAYS leak with ds! and not always out the legs or top of the nappy either often through the front where it is supposed to be waterproof!!
    i find what works best for him is BBH bamboo with a cover i never get leaks out of them.. i have some magic alls as well that do pretty well tho often we get a leak if theyre on for a while..
    anyway im sending one to them shortly so they can look at it but i really think its probably just my son (which is such a pain coz ittis are the bulk of my stash and i have no money to buy more than 1 or 2 a fortnight!!)

Ittis are a trim nappy, and as such, are not as absorbent as other ones.

I rarely got 2 hours of out an itti here, usually it was about an hour and I would have to change it. I got sick of it, so I switched to other nappies that worked better for my heavy wetters.

I find the same. Thankfully I only have 1 but it's one of those nappies I use only when all the others are in the wash.
    Though saying that, lately he's been wetting through fair dinkum everything....

thanks guys what nappies do you love for your heavy wetters? atm my fave has to be BBH fitted id love to hear other suggestions too though =)

BBH fitted with PUL is a good one here I found for going out, I could always trust that. Now I don't have any left cos we got wing droop so I sold them (much like I did with ittis actually) so now we like widdlewuns and dragonfly magik. dragonfly magik doesn't last as long as a widdlewun though.

cool will look at those.. havnt heard of either of them to be honest

I have to always have boosters in them for DD and the bamboo one's at that, and she is a very heavy wetter, but if she wakes from her day nap, she will be pretty dry waking up, even if we put ona fresh nappy she will wee through the next nappy in no time, I think she saves her wee's up into huge one's we just try and put her on the potty instead

My DD can last about 3hrs in an Itti but usually no more than that!! She's a medium wetter.... you're right they aren't the most absorbent nappies, esp if you have a heavy wetter!

I find Green Kids (minky) are fantastic for lasting longer...

oh heck, anything lasts longer than an itti - I have 2 blueberry pockets that are great, ecobubs pockets, BumGs (they're the boringest though), GreenKids...did get a BBH petites to try but it sucks - should sell that.
    Iishfly were terrible, minilala beautiful but only lasts a little while.

I'd love to try a DM or WW but I can never get my hands on them.

[QUOTE=~Kim~;2398148

I'd love to try a DM or WW but I can never get my hands on them.[/QUOTE]

I love my Widdle Wuns!!! They're one of my absolute favourites

yeh looks like i will have to sell them.. william is such a heavy wetter!! theres no way he would sit on the potty either lol..
    i recently ordered a bumwear pocket coz it was on special not sure how that will go also a berry plush cover coz i found the inserts i had from when my daughter was in cloth.. BBH is the winner for us currently and im loving mother ease air flow covers havnt had a leak from them!
    oh well ill keep looking!

Can you upsize them? I found even though the shell fits, the boosters don't cover the essential bits adequately if they are too or are big enough to absorb the output if it's a rapid one. I found this to be consistent with most nappies and not just a problem with one particular type though.

nope using the large =(

If it helps any - I know that WW's are having a stocking soon

ETA - actually I just checked her site, and there are two nappies still available - one medium and one large

Sorry, I'm coming a bit late to this and was wondering if I could go back to the itti bitti question…

I am having same problem, have been using itti bitti small and then onto mediums since my boy was about 6 weeks. Have never had any problems but now they keep leaking! He is 9 months and just under 8kg I think and have just packed away my smalls and bought some more mediums, but am now wondering if this was daft. I had to change him twice today (his clothes not his nappy lol) and it is getting old!

Anyway, I just bought a whole bunch of the bamboo mini boosters and am hoping this will fix the problem.

Does anyone know if these are likely to work, or if he is wetting through the nappies in a couple of hours are they still going to be problematic?

Also, just out of interest, how do you know if your bub is a "medium" wetter or a "heavy" wetter??

Quote Originally Posted by Arimeh's Eden View Post
    Ittis are a trim nappy, and as such, are not as absorbent as other ones.

I rarely got 2 hours of out an itti here, usually it was about an hour and I would have to change it. I got sick of it, so I switched to other nappies that worked better for my heavy wetters.
    100% agree with Mel.

I used to boost with a mini booster as well. Worked a treat

With my boy we had a nice stash of NicNaps & Swaddlebees original pockets that were our main stash fillers. He only started leaking through his NicNaps when he had near worn them out lol

I found the force of the wee was the issue, not the nappy with boys.

Actually

IB's use PUL and PUL has tiny little holes inbetween the weave/threading of the fabric so if you have a heavy wetter its going to come through quicker. It is not 100% waterproof

Have you strip washed them lately? how many boosters do you have in them?

Also the older your child gets the less they wee continuously...eg the closer to TT they get the more they hold onto their wee and do a big outlet of it which, if its enough will be to much for the nappy to absorbe and hence cause flooding/leakage

i almost forgot about this thread!! have tried a lot of different things.. must say i LOVE LOVE LOVE widdlewuns!! they are amazing! never leak and i get ages out of one!! most of our stash is now made up of BBH fitteds and covers.. they work a treat! i have one jam tots which is really good too but the inserts are well pre loved (by my daughter) so im not sure if thats why they work as well as they do.. i have a few magic alls and multifits by BBH that work really well too. with BBH nights for overnight hmm see a theme here? hahaha anyways bub here has just hit 12mths and is a VERY heavy wetter.. ittis just dont do it, ive sold most of them now..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast