Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Just bought a cushie tushie, what do i do next?

there is a seller on Ebay selling seconds (they do state they are selling seconds in very small print. I too wouldnt mind buying a second if it was cheaper but they are not. I would contact the Ebay seller...

I'm really interested in buying Cushie Tushie nappies for my baby to use the entire time, but I'm wondering roughly how long a nappy lasts for before it deteriorates? I understand that the more you buy, the less frequently one nappy will be washed and the longer it lasts. How many would I need to buy to last me, say, 2 years?

blackribbongirl - I would probably say 3 dozen depending really on how many times you change your baby during the day - you have to take into account drying time etc... Cushie Tushies can be tumble dried but it does shorten the life span of the elastic. If you dont use them already perhaps just get a trial pack to start out with. My son is 9kgs and they still look bulky on him now - I have just sold most of mine and mainly use babybeehind magicalls as they arent as bulky and dry really quick.

thanks so much for your feedback - that sounds quite reasonable. Ill check out the other brand youre using now and have a chat with the other half about it all. =)

the other thing I like about the baby beehinds is you have the option of the velcro closure - I find with the snaps Baden is always at the 'in between' stage and they never fit perfectly - with the velcro I can go as tight or loose as I need to

I would go BBH too, the multi fits.

I actually find the CT a small fit :s Ash is 11kg and on the last snaps! But he will still be in the large magicalls for a long time yet. BBH fits are more generous.

they sound good, except that I don't want to be buying another 2 dozen every few months every time the baby grows, and they grow so quickly. maybe if I got 2 dozen Cushies until he grew out of them, then moved onto the large sized Beehinds it would work out well...food for thought! thanks for your feedback guys! I really appreciate it

atm, i have a 15mth and a 2.5 yr old, both wearing the same size nappies, they both fit in the osfm like the cushies and then both fit in a size med in most other brands.

hun the multifit BBH minky are a OSFM

Gigi is offline BellyBelly Life Member - Love all your MCN friends
    Add Gigi on Facebook

1. visit ozclothnappies website (it's a dot org site, not a dot com dot au site) and read the FAQ section (freq asked questions). this will help you so much. it's like "newbies to mcn 101".

2. visit the cushietushies website. read the care instructions.

3. forget anything you ever heard about nappies e.g Napisan, bleach, soaking in buckets. that is decades old info. the ModernClothNappies (MCN) are soooo different. technology has moved on, fabrics are different, how you care for these new fabrics is different

4. nothing you do using sposies is related either. it's learning something entirely new. that's why reading the faq at ozcltohnappies will help you so much.

5. get online support
    join ozclothnappies yahoo group
    join nappycino
    join the cloth nappies threads on belly belly
    look up the real life shops that sell MCN in your city/state (database can be found at ozclothnappies site)
    youtube, google etc is cloth friendly, but sometimes you have to search for DIAPERS instead of NAPPIES. e.g "how to fold a prefold diaper" LOL.

6. if you are squeamish about poo, buy a Little Squirt. they are worth every cent. you attach it to your loo (with the same amount of skill, as is required to change a tap washer). esp if baby is at the runny, explosive poo stage.

if your baby does solid/pastey poops, buy flushable liners. tots bots and bummis brand ones are very good. some other brands are like sandpaper!

welcome

PS. alioops is very helpful if you want to know ANYTHING about CT's. She isn't biased to CT's if they dont' suit your bub though (mine didn't). Many bubs DO suit OSFA style, front snapping, wide crotched nappies, but mine didn't. we bought SIZED, narrow crotch, side snappers instead, that was what suited my bub. stuff like that, you only find out by TRYING, impossible to know, until you put them on your bub and have a go. that acid test, is when baby poops! if you have pootainment, ITS" A WINNER!!

the first week of using mcn, knowing HOW firmly to do them up, that sort of thing, is where you need a fair bit of troubleshooting, until you build your confidence up.

i spent the FIRST week, using SMALL covers, when my baby really needed NEWBORN sized covers - so we got heaps of leaks, due to my inexperience - i bought the wrong size - i did them up way too loose - so what i thought was "silly nappies that dont' work", was actually "silly me who didn't know what i was doing and was sleep deprived and recovering from major surgery, all at once". Once i knew what to do, what size i really needed, guess what? no leaks, easy easy easy. (thanks to helpful people on ozclothnappies, nappycino and here at belly belly.) i would have given up, if it wasn't for that BRILLIANT support.

Just wondering I have my first lot of Cushie Tushies that arrived today and was going to wash them a couple of time before I start using them but do I need to let them dry in between washing them or just keep washing them??

With all of my nappies I try to let them dry between prewashes, mainly so I can re-stretch any shrinkage.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123