Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Autism article for those interested.

Default Autism article for those interested.

ttghsf

Last edited by hannanat; January 30th, 2009 at 07:13 PM.

Nat thanks for posting that. Very interesting and thought-provoking. I have much to learn.

You're welcome Christine. Did you ever end up getting the DMG?

WOW Natalie that really has made me think about things more. Thank you for posting.

NAT
    Now it was your turn to make me cry
    If only half the people we knew would read this, they could understand why sometimes we cant answer the phone, go shopping or a walk down the street.
    It makes so much sence but little steps make big leaps..power of positive thought.
    Thanks matie

ray Guest

hi ladies, my name is ray I have also experienced what you have been going through. My second child matthew, while I was pregnant with him we found out at 14 weeks that he had tumors in his left lung. It is called cystic adenomatoid malformation from 20 weeks I kept going in to labour and they would stop it, I ot to 36 weeks after months going in and out of labour they finally let me go, he was tiny and had trouble breathing the doctors told me they don't know if he would survive and that I should of aborted him when we found it, but my kids like proving doctors wrong he had his lung removed when he was 10 months old and is now 7 years old has good days and bad days, my good days know. But my youngest son brandon from the time he was born we knew there was something wrong with him it's just trying to get doctors to listen. Brandon had constant ear infections and tonslitis he speech was none existent for has age. At 2 years of age they finally listened at removed the tonsils, adnoids and put grommets in his ears it worked for a while. he is know 5 years old and after my husband and I pushing to get heard they finally did test and found he has global development delay meaning his age is 5 but his mentally 3 but very smart pulling things about and putting back together. He is going to a special school next year.

Maz, honey, I'm sorry to have made you cry! My love and thoughts are always with you and Wilhelm, love.

Hello Ray - what a journey you've had. I'm so glad to hear that Matthew is doing well, but sorry you had such hard time getting him to this point. I have a question if you don't mind. Was Brandon prescribed a lot of antibiotics? All the best with everything.

xx
    Nat

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

what is the mercury in ? causing these distessing symptoms to the children

Wow Nat - that was thought provoking. I agree with it actually. There's such a "sick" generation of kids, it's very sad.

I must admit that I'm still torn with the whole vaccine thing tho I do believe in the 'greater good' with regards to vaccines, yet all these additives are awful, and obviously have their effect, which makes it scary.

We live in such a chemical society tho, that the vaccines surely are only one aspect - I mean who of us didn't have mercury fillings in our teeth at some time?? I know a few people now with 20th Century syndrome (I guess this should be 21st century now??) where over time they have become allergic to everything (literally - cannot leave their houses pretty much).. and it's basically caused by overexposure to chemicals over time.

Environmentally toxic kids is a very good phrase I reckon.

Just thought I would add in my two cents and get some thoughts out of my brain before I go to bed!

I am not sure I believe that there is a strong enough correlation/connection between vaccinations and autism (or any other disease) to truly consider NOT vaccinating my son. But I do understand and respect that other people have different thoughts about this. My parents, step-mom and best friend are all registered nurses and my parents both said they would still immunize us if they had it to do over again so I have immunized my son on schedule and I feel good about that decision - as does DH!

This isn't to say that I don't agree that there is something (or many things) in our environment that are causing all these problems with kids. I firmly believe that there is something to be said for a possible link between the chemicals/additives and such in our food and problems (behaviour and otherwise) in kids. I also think we (and our kids) are exposed to WAY too many fragrances and chemicals in the cleaning products and every day things that we use. I try to use as little of those as I possibly can and I followed a careful diet while pregnant in which I eliminated as many artificial colors and preservatives that I possibly could. I continue to follow the diet even now because I'm breastfeeding and will continue it for my own health and wellbeing after he weans.

I feel like I'm rambling and not really making my thoughts clear enough - must mean it is time for bed. At any rate, I know there are lots of kids with problems and no answers and so I hope and pray that the governments in the world start looking at what we are doing to our future generations.

ray Guest

hi natalie,
    yeah brandon was described a lot of antibiotic at one stage he was on 3 at the same time. But now we have refused them because his body is immuned to them now they do nothing he just runs his course in ear infections the longest he has had was 9 weeks straight it stunk.

ray Guest

hi lilprecious75
    I do agree with the vaccinations but I that i'll tell you what I have to go through with Matthew. Because he has one lung he's prone to getting pneumonia alot , so every three years matt has to have a vaccination injection to help him control the pneumonia this injection cost us $250 each go but if matt was over 60 years old or a newborn or if we where aboriginal or torre strait we would not have to pay
    so we have too pay to keep him health when alot of other people get it free.
    Oh yeah my little one brandon has reactions to strawberries and red colouring and flavouring he goes really hypo even on the fruit which is natural.

Trish, I started to answer your post last night, but I got side tracked (had an argument with DH, lol - all better now )

As Liz said, leaking dental fillings in pg women is a major problem, as is eating some species of fish. Some meds and also adult vaccinations. The rate of diagnosis for 'autism' (for want of a better word because I agree completely with the article) I have just heard is actually on the decline again as a result of the thimerisol being removed from the vaccines. Our kids are tested for mercury when you begin a biomedical treatment and a lot will go through a process called chelation where the chemicals are removed from their body. Layla will begin this soon.

One theory, and its the one that I believe, is that kids become 'environmentally toxic' over a process. It starts with the vaccines at birth (or even prenatal with the fillings etc) and the child may be prescribed a course of antibiotics or two, then a series of immunisations again that are an assault on the system which causes a 'leaky gut'. The leaky gut allows peptides from the gut into the bloodstream. These then act like opiates on the brain and you have your problems start from there. The MMR is often the straw that breaks the camels back, so to speak. System overload. I hope that made sense? There is a fantastic book called Special Diets For special Kids by Lisa Lewis and she explains it much better than me.

Dave, who wrote the article above, also has an absolutely brilliant book called Evidence of Harm that rocked the world when it was released. Great reading.

Mercury, lead, aluminium poisoning is thought by many to be the cause of the steep incline in diagnosis of things like autism, ADD, speech/language disorders, cerebral palsy and some childhood cancers.

There are studies underway now to prove a direct link between aluminium and Alzheimers disease. On a side note, aluminimium is still in our vaccines today.

Sorry if I rambled and if anyone needs clarification on anything Ive said let me know

Ray
    In a recent study presented to the American College of Allergy and Immunology, 104 children who suffered from frequent,, serious ear infections were tested for allergies, and 78 percent were shown to have specific food allergies. After eliminating the offending food from the diet for eleven weeks, improvement was seen in 70 out of 81 children. If you or your child has recurring ear infections, you should check to determine if an allergy is the cause. In my experience, milk, cheese, and eggs are the most common culprits. Wheat, corn, oranges, and peanut butter are also common allergies. Usually, if a child is affected, one or both of the parents suffer from allergies as well.
    Has brandon been allergy tested, Ray? I hope you don't find that intrusive, hun - tell me to butt out if you do. I won't be offended Also, on allowing the ear infections to run their course, a lot of medical professionals think that this is actually the best way to go - symptomatic treatment, so panadol for pain, elevating the bed, warm compresses, echinacea,etc. I have also heard that decongestants which I don't normally use can be effective as a preventative measure when the child has a cold. You're probably already aware of this having lived with it for so long, but maybe someone at the start of this horrible journey can benefit from reading it

ray Guest

hi natalie
    I don't mind answering questions. No brandon hasn't had allergy test yet, he has a paed appointment in feb and we are asking for one . We know he's allergic to fleas since the drought and the grass changing he is coming it in spots that look like chicken pox but they are just on his torso front and back. When brandon has a infection they have never bothered him so we have never given panadol for it, we the global development delay they are giving him a mri because brandon doesn't feel pain but we are waiting because after the surgeries the aneasitic (the thing that me you go to sleep can't spell it)which they have to give him for the mri he is having a hard time coming around.personal question has anybody had children services on there door step for what there kids do?

Brandon infections actually have to do with the ear canal, the fluid just build up behind the grommet thats way his already on his 3rd lot. He can hear but has trouble on background noise if more than 2 people a talking he doesn't know were it coming from. We have speech once a fortnight and he has his teacher from human service to help him understand simple things it very hard on all of us and get frustrated but we know he can't help it cause he doesn't understand what we have asked him to do.

No, I haven't had child services, but I have heard of people that have been investigated for child abuse because of the bruises their kids get because of the lack of pain. Layla (my daughter)has a very high pain threshold as well and used to throw herself around on our tiled floor. Have you had child services there? If you have, it is very important that you document any self injurous behaviours and report them to your doctor. Is that what you meant?

What made them give Brandon the diagnosis of Global Developmental Delays? What are his symptoms?

With the background noise, sensory integration should be able to help with that. He can learn to separate sounds in order of priority.

What state are you in, hun? The services that you will receive access to vary greatly from state to state.

ray Guest

hi natalie,
    yeah I had children services on me last year, when brandon hurts himself has bruises or cuts or even sticks keys in power points i tell day care, they have a lady that comes down from melbourne she went through the books and decided brandon had to many accidents and called children services, the girls tried to tell them that he is in the process of being accessed.he did a variety of test on the results they said if he was autistic the results would be the same on everything but global development delay it wasn't consistent it was up and down it was called the stanford binet intelligence scales he scored 2 standard deviations below average.
    his symptoms are has trouble with words and placing them in sentences, his attention span is basically zero, can't read or write or even draw a stick figure, he has mild articulation delay, has trouble with simple task. But he is brilliant at taking apart computers or dvd players of cd players he unscrews them all and puts them back together. I'm from geelong in victoria with him being diganosed we have a lot me help know, he's getting a preschool officer to come in and help him. Then next year he's going to nelson park.
    Last edited by ray; January 28th, 2007 at 09:13 PM.

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

One theory, and its the one that I believe, is that kids become 'environmentally toxic' over a process. It starts with the vaccines at birth (or even prenatal with the fillings etc) and the child may be prescribed a course of antibiotics or two

what antibiotics ? I am keeping a close eye on Joel he has two full courses of one antibiotic and is a longterm daily dose of another because of urinary reflux ... unfortunately he needs this to prevent UTI /prevent kidney scarring /renal failure damage down the track till he eithers grows out of it or has surgery at last resort.

what info do you have on boosting the immune system ?

can you ask Dr's to routine check if say my mercury fillings have affected my babies ?

what tests can Dr's ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast