Thread: Clicky Hip

Default Clicky Hip

Hi

My DD has just had her 2 week check and the midwife noticed a left clicky hip.

2 out of the 4 rotations made a low clunking sound.

All her hosp checks before we left were fine. but i have thought i have heard a joint cracking once or twice when i have picked her up.

She doesnt seem to be in any pain or anything.

We are off to the GP tomorrow and will see what happens from there.
    HAs anyone had this happen to find it was nothing? What happens worse case??

how and when is hip displysia treated

becky Guest

Hey Beatrix!!

My daughter had clicky hips while she was in hospital. We of course went into panic mode! The dr ordered x-rays. Apparantly the x rays were not satisfactory so we had to go back the next week for more. Of course that got me worrying so much about casts and things.
    After the next lot of xrays though, she was fine. 100% in the norml category. Apparantly babies hips can improve so fast in those first few months. All I can say is do not panic or think the worst until you absaloutely have to! Woulda saved me heaps of stress!

We were told our daughter had a clicky hip too. The paed in the hospital told us when he checked her after she was born. He booked in an ultrasound for when she was 6 weeks old. After I went home from hospital, and the nurse came round to our place to check on us, I think she heard just a small click in her hip.
    We went along to the ultrasound, and they found that both of her hips were just fine. We had our 6 week checkup the following day and got our GP to check her hips. He advised us they were fine and he was unable to find a click. So, we never did anything about it as we were told there was no problem. We got told lots of babies have "clicky hips" when born and it often fixes itself in the first couple of months.

I've only just come across this. How is she now, what did the dr's say?

its all good!!!!