Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hip Dysplaysia Support Group #3

milly I'm with you, we'll be demanding an ultrasound at birth as well- I wonder if you can find out beforehand??? Especially considering it wasn't picked up for so long with Jacko (12 weeks, and because I knew something was wrong and asked for an ultrasound), and he doesn't really fit the bill except for a difficult birth. Glad we picked it up at 3 months and not 3 years though. Good luck with your review- it's creeping up!

We have Jack's 6 week appt on Tuesday. 6 weeks in his DB, I can't believe it's gone so quickly! It seems to have gone way faster than the 6 weeks he had in pavlik! He doesn't need ultrasounds anymore apparently, we just go in for an xray now. Does this sound normal? It's hard not to get my hopes up about them extending his harness free time, but I know I should be prepared for anything. He can get his toes in his mouth though, so that seems like a good sign that he has good rotation at least?

One thing that is bugging me about the brace is a small bruise he has just below his ribs that I'm sure is caused by the waist strap. I don't know when it's happened, but I can't imagine it's been caused by anything else. Have any of you experienced this?

Hope everyone's hip bubbas are going well and are happy

From what I have been told, is routine once you have had a bub with hip dysplaysia to scan any subsequent children before they leave hospital or within the first week (breech babies are normally routinely referred for a scan too) - with this one I will be making sure get scan as soon as possible (I am hoping it is a boy as chances of hip dysplaysia are reduced if so) - I have also been told that any children DD has will also be routinely scanned. I don't think is possible to tell beforehand because the hips have to be at a certain angle for them to tell in an ultrasound and I can't see that, that position would be possible while still inside.

Krystals - moving from ultrasound to x-ray at around 5-6 months old depending on bubs size sounds normal to me - that is what happened with my DD - apparently once bubs are a certain size due to amount of tissue need to see through can't get accurate results on the ultrasound.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast