Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ned's Deformational Plagiocephaly

=D> Good News Ned & Divvy....
    Indah ONLY sleeps on her tummy now, as she rolls onto it within seconds of putting her down, she pretty much only ever is on her tummy now & never grizzles, she rolls from back to tummy on the floor & then moves around on her tummy, never wants to be back on her back... So dont worry if that's how he sleeps & esp if crawling he can then certainly lift his head, so dont worry..
    Good Boy Neddy Ned!

Go Neddy Ned \/ \/

That's great news Divvy!!

I'm sure he will sleep whichever way he wants too!!

Jack loves being upside down 2!!

Jack sends big hugs to Ned

Hi guys, just a wonderful update.

We just got back from the plagiocephaly clinic, great news, Ned is now only a mild case. He's been to weekly chiropractic appointments and we've been doing physio on him too, and he's gone from the severe end of moderate, to the mild end of mild! Woohoo for Neddy Ned!

The doc laughed when she said he was on the extreme end of normal! Considering he's been wearing 0s for over six weeks, and he's probably over nine kilos... and crawling... he's pretty extreme anyway!

Thanks for all your help and support.

WTG Neddy Ned!!!!

Divvy, that's such great news honey. I'm so thrilled for you.

xx

Hey DIvvy I just caught up on this and am glad to hear things are improving. Jess also had it very mild, but not enough to be referred on. Her head is still slightly out of shape, but so was Jemma's, lucky for us no need for intervention, but sounds like you guys did the right thing with the chiro.

Bestwishes Michelle

That's great news Divvy. I'm so glad to hear NeddyNed won't need a helmet and that the chiro has been so effective. Gussy's now had his helmet since last Wednesday. He absolutely HATES it. We had it adjusted this week so that it puts a little less pressure on the bigger parts of his head. We need to build up to wearing it about 23 out of 24 hours of each day. So far he will only tolerate it for about 12 minutes at a time. Once I take it off he stops screaming immediately. Poor little tike. It really is the best thing for him though.

Aw hun, that's wonderful news for the BIG Neddy Ned.

Hi Divvy, only just saw this thead as I have been offline for a couple of months. I am really thrilled for you that Ned is okay!

Kirsty, I hope Gussy gets used to his helmet poor little thing. At least it won't be forever.

Well we've now had Gussy's helmet for about three weeks. It's such a battle getting him to wear it. The longest single stretch of time he's worn it now is 2 hours. We're soooooo far away from him wearing it for 23 consecutive hours a day! Poor little tike gets so sweaty from the helmet that if he's wearing it for more than an hour I have to change his top and wrap, and his sheets and mattress protector if he's in his cot. They get completely saturated and he is so wet with sweat that drips down from his forehead sploshing everything and mixing with his tears. All in all it's still pretty traumatic for him. He won't feed with it on and can't fall asleep no matter how tired he is. Aghhhh! Tis no fun at all. I keep repeating the phrase like a mantra "honey trust me it's in your best interests". Gosh I hope I am right in thinking this is the case!

So sorry to hear Gussyboy doesn't like his new lid. Hopefully he'll tolerate it more soon.

Kirsty, good to hear Gus is growing with the helmet. Hopefully all will get better sooner rather than later!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12