Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Book: Baby Led Weaning

The book I have is called: Baby Led Weaning (in green writing) and is by Gill Rapely and Tracey Murkett.

Thanks MS I think I might buy the other one and then I'll be able to compared. Btw - there is a BLS cookbook going to be released soon too!

Mine is also Baby-led Weaning, by Gill Rapley & Tracey Murkett, published 2008, white cover with green writing, cute little bubba on front with green bib on... exactly the same cover as far as I can tell...

Sounds exactly the same as mine Mooks but you're short on some pages hun!

How annoying!

MummaSue... positively annoying!!
    Mine has six chapters. If it's not too much trouble, could you let me know how many chapters your book has (pretty please!!)
    I'm a tad confused as to why mine is shorter!!

Mine has 8 chapters (the last one being troubleshooting) a conclusion and references and 2 appendices.

I am annoyed for you hun!! I'd be complaining on ebay and giving that seller some feedback!!
    How much did you pay for it??????

Quote Originally Posted by starangelk View Post
    Btw - there is a BLS cookbook going to be released soon too!
    It's been saying that on the website for a fair old while I recently posted a link under the BLS forum for a 100 bls recipes booklet, just in case any of you haven't seen it - there are some great recipes in it

Thanks Balmaingal. I'll go check it out

Thanks Balmaingal!! xxxx

Thanks hun... I'm annoyed too!!
    I paid almost $22 for the book (it's brand new) plus postage. I was really surprised when I opened the package, because it was alot smaller than I expected it to be (not much more than an info brochure really), then I see 'Not for Resale' on the back cover and a full page advertisement on the last page for the same book!! I did wonder at that point whether perhaps it was originally a freebie.
    Thanks for your help MummaSue, much appreciated

No problems babe, I'd be getting onto them and complaining hun!!
    Sue xx

Oh Mooks - how annoying!! I just ordered from a website...not sure if I can name it? for $16 with free postage.

Just to say with the porridge is one of my DD's favorites she is now almost 16 months but it has been from the beginning, I just make it thick enough that she can pick up with her hands. Sometimes she will use a spoon these days a bit, but mostly still prefers her hands as is quicker!

Thanks from me also for that link Balmaingal!!
    We have been getting lot's of food ideas too

OMG how frustrating!! Just had a look at the original ebay listing for my book and it appears that the seller has added information after I have added it to my watched items. And silly me didn't re-read the description again before bidding on it at last minute!!

It says....

I forgot to mention that this book has ''Not for Resale" on the back of it. I think it may have been on sale together with a baby magazine. It is brand new though. Part of my husband's job is to collect unsold goods from the Newsagency where he works.

I have researched it a bit more, and it seems that my copy is an abridged edition and it was a freebie with a UK parenting magazine.

Awwwww - annoying!!!!

Starangelk... very annoying hun!! mostly peeved with myself for not re-checking though!!

Definately something for other prospective buyers of this book to be aware of...

Mooks, I'm pretty sure that selling the book she has done something maybe illegal? If the book clearly says not for resale on the back then she could be in trouble for that. Not sure, just putting that out there - and I'm sure that she shouldn't be selling it on a forum such as ebay if that is the case.

Is there a way to return it if you're not happy? Perhaps reporting it to ebay?

Sue x

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast