Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Boy's name 37w preg please help!! Also advice from people with 2 or more kids!

Default Boy's name 37w preg please help!! Also advice from people with 2 or more kids!

Well technically I'm only 36w5days but close enough I SAY!

Before we found out what we were having we had Grace for a girl and Spencer for a boy. Initially DH wasn't a fan of Spencer but he changed his mind. So we decided on Spencer Robert (robert after fil) when we found out we were havign a boy at 19w, Phil recently came out and said he wasn't 100% sure on Spencer. He said he just doesn't have the same feeling about it as Noah (ds1) I asked if there are any names he does feel like that about he said no and so we are thinking maybe it's just because he knows Noah but hasn't met Spencer yet and thats the difference?

I also feel as though i love the name Noah more but think it is for the above reason (is this a normal thing for subsequent babies?) We think the name will still be Spencer but after reading the thread re: baby name regret I thought maybe I should post this to get some advices and/or name ideas

We have searched and not found any other names to even really consider, lots of names we like but none that are "the name" the one you would call you child iykwim?

Also our surname begins with M so no m names please. These are the names we considered...

Myles (but don't like with last name)
    Flynn (dh doesn't like)
    theodore (i've always loved it but don't really feel comfy with it bit too out there or something?)
    Max (m thing again)
    William (hmmm just too plain or something love it but just doesn't have "the one" feel for me)
    Tallon (means claw or nail and we would prefer something with a nicer meaning)

Please help...we will probably choose Spencer but I don't want to make the wrong decision and would like to have some back ups

Braelan
    Samson/Sampson
    Caspian
    Thames

I love Myles by the way - I don't think it matters too much about your last name. Think of famous people like Janis Joppelin, Jesse James, Michael Moore, Marilyn Monroe, Michael Myers, Mary Magdalen!!

Most people don't opt for it but I think it can actually be quite catchy...

X

Cambell
    Camden
    Kaiden
    Jyrah
    Eden

I really like Spencer! But here are some more

Levi
    Nethaniel
    Jaxon
    Lucien
    Charlton
    Emmerson
    Slaed

I love the name Xander or Zander. And it sounds nice with Noah. It is what my baby will probably be called if a boy! Good luck!

How about Aricyn

teeheehee

I don't have any suggestions because we don't have any boys names picked at this stage, only girls (which is why i'm stalking boy name threads! LOL) but just wanted to say...I love Myles too but we have an M last name also and I just can't do it.

To be honest, I always feel a bit weird about naming my kids. It's not until they're a few months old that i feel like it really fits iykwim? I don't get these people that name their kids before they're born and are just so sure.

We always like to have at least 2 favourites, then decide when the baby is born. For example, with DS I was ADAMANT he was going to be Levi but then he was born and he just wasn't . From your list I'd have Flynn or Max as a back up.

With all my boys I loved their names before they were born, each had a name as soon as I knew the sex and I loved them. Ashton was a little different because he was going to be a Levi until I met a Levi who was HORRID and I changed it quick smart. I spent the next 4 weeks using other names to see which I liked more. I had a shortlist of Hunter, Jaxson or Ashton.

Thanks ladies for your suggestions...nothing is popping out at me yet

Willow, thanks that is reassuring with Noah he was Noah James befoe we even found out the sex, we were that sure he was a boy and we were that sure that was his name. Maybe that is why there is this littlebit of uncertainty, with him we just knew and this time we are just like most parents..not 100% sure

Quote Originally Posted by Kymmy81 View Post
    I love the name Xander or Zander. And it sounds nice with Noah. It is what my baby will probably be called if a boy! Good luck!
    u go girl - Zander is perfect lol - DS2 ....

i also liked archie/archer - bit differeny

Our surname begins with an M and we have Milo.
    I really like Theodore, I dont think its out there at all.

Jacob
    Fraser
    Liam
    Rory
    Tobey
    Jared
    Jasper

I don't cross out all first names that start with the same letter as the surname its just with our surname most m names do sound bad, Phil's brother is Matthew and that sounds fine with the last names but not Myles, I think cause it the smae amount of letters as the last name!

I like Fraser
    Jacob was actually on our list too

Thanks ladies!

So what do u think is it normal to feel like this about the "right" name? After Willow's post I feel a lot better!

I always thought Noah & Isaiah went well together.
    (cousin IL's DS & friends DS, so as much as I love them, can't be used )

As soon as we found out we were having a girl (through Amnio) we decided on Matilda as her name and always referred to her as Matilda during my pregnancy but only DH and I, it was a secret to everyone else. When she was born we never even considered changing it, it was her name!

Suggestions:

Mason
    Archer (Archie)
    Fletcher
    Eden
    Sebastian

Go on use Fletcher... I can't because our surname starts with Fl... but I love it.

And for what its worth I have always thought Spencer was a cute name.

How about Wilhem...like William but differnt

I knew all of my girls names before they were born and I never changed either..although i did second guess from time to time

What about Isaac?

I reckon if you love Theodore go with it, you will find yourself wishing you had done it. The names that i like the best out of my kidlets are the ones that are'nt well used, Gabe offically Gabriel just in case he gets knighted or something Sir Gabe does'nt cut it??? and bubs is Poppy, we love it to bits and never had any doubts. If she was a boy we were looking for names not so common like Theo, we had Ned, Jed,Josiah, Issiah on the list just love the old names. Tegan was going to be Lucinda Lousie and would have got Luci Lou, but we could'nt do it and she often says she wished we had, "not boring like Tegan". Sophie is cute but there are so many of them...ouch!!!!
    Good luck, we waited until they were here JIC they did'nt look like the name we had picked, which happened twice.

Samuel
    Harrison
    Connor
    Thomas

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast