Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dont you feel as though someone will use your names?

Smile Dont you feel as though someone will use your names?

You know how you pine over a name and love it to bits and then you tell people and they either hate it or use it... Well im scared to tell anyone my ideas. I was the same with DS But I knew what his name would be all along even though we didnt know he was a boy til the birth..... But we loved Romone.... It was just perfect for us. Now this time round I'm getting a few vibes on names

But dont you stress some one will ise your names or dont you care?

i know there are alot of popular names out there and people love using them

But I pick weird names so I want my kid to be the only one
    Anyone else feel that way?

I dont, because even if they use them, Ill still use it hahaha

I had friends that stole other friends names and they arent friends anymore with eachother

But my names are unique

I loved Romone my son

Now I like Diego for a boy
    And Alannah for a girl though I have another weird one of a kind name here also

What do you think?

We chose not to tell anyone (I don't even think I mentioned them on here) just so that we wouldn't get the negative remarks if there were any. We figured that when bub was born everyone would just love the name because they loved them IYKWIM? The exception was DS. My uncle and godfather was dying. 9 days before I had DS, I felt I needed to tell him that I was having a boy and that his name would be Nate. I rang and told my aunt late that night. He passed away two days later.
    As for others stealing my names...well I love them so I figure that someone else out there will too.

I think Diego and Alannah are both cool, and Diego and Ramone go well together.

Default Dont you feel as though someone will use your names?

I love diago i wanted it for ds2!
    Also love alana. Both great names hun

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love the names you have! They are unique you are right
    In my extended family most of us [my cousins] have unique names.
    And the same has gone on with all our kids.

I think if you are worried, keep them close and don't say anything.

I had DS2's name chosen when I was preg with #2.
    Just before I fell preg with him a friend of mine named her son the same name.
    But I still used it when DS2 was born, and it wasn't an issue at all.
    We both loved the name, and didn't mind we both had a sone with it.
    We're still friends 12 years later

It's actually tradition in my family that names aren't discussed. That way you don't have to listen to peoples own perspectives yanno - and we like surprises.

I never, ever discussed names with anyone bar my partner....and sometimes my mum.

HAHAHA

Twinkle Toes you actually took my second favourite boy name recently I was soooo going to use that .....

Yeah, i don't really like discussing names with anyone...don't want any negative feedback I guess...and I like to surprise everyone too.

Your names are cool.

L x

YEEESSSS!! I think DH and I are done having kids now, but just in case that changes in future, I have my 'secret stash' of names on standby and I won't tell anybody else what they are in case they steal them from me! My favourite boy's name is *really* unusual (and tbh I doubt DH would ever let me use it if we did have a boy) and I hang onto it for dear life - it's mine, has been since I was 14 and nobody else can have it!

Nah I don't care.

I picked my names out many many years ago. And over the years DD's name became more and more popular and she has like the second most common name around!!!!!! But I still adore it, it fits her perfectly and we don't know anyone personally with that name.

As far as worrying if someone will steal the name, my brother was going to use DD's name (this was before she was born) as his daughter's middle name, and I told him off, so he didn't

feeb is offline Thankful for the kindness of my 2012 RAK making me Life member

We didn't settle on names till the last minute (DS1 we had boys name picked early eg 20 weeks but were discussing girls names in labour,) (DS2 discussed on way to hospital and finalised!)

I discuss names with people but never let on what we were actually thinking of using ITMS.

I know an Alannah she is nearly 5 and sooo cute!!

We kept names secret until our bubs were born too.

Your names are lovely, especially Alannah LOL! We just spelt it a bit different for DD

My uncle was either really sneaky, or genuinely changed his mind. When my mum was born, he convinced my nan not to name her Michelle. Ten(ish) years later, he has a daughter, Michelle.

Just as well, anyway, given mum's married name is Mitchell - and my dad's brother's wife is a Michelle Actually, if mum had been Michelle, but still given me her name as my middle name, my full birth name would have been Tenielle Michelle Mitchell. Too many double Ls for my liking

We don't want anyone to ever use the names we have picked out either.... We have 2 names including middle names for both gender, the 1st names for the girls dh made them up and they are so pretty I just LOVE them! knowing that no one else will have the name is what makes them extra special to us kwim. Again, the boys names we have chosen dh came up with, they are 'out there' because we googled them but we have never came across anyone else with those names and we have spelt them differently so they are also very special to us. Even the middle names we have I just love, and again we have never met anyone called them so I don't even want them to be used by anyone else. There is no way we would tell anyone names we have before the bub is born, it doesn't matter if it's a common name or a made up one there will always be rude enough people that will tell you how much they don't like it and honestly I don't want to hear it so would rather not say.

We don't share names either although with DD2 our next door neighbour was pregnant at the same time and due just a few weeks before us so we shared names because we didn't want to use one that the other really wanted. In the end she used my DD1's middle name for her DD2's first name which was pretty cool. She said to me that I am the only person she really trusts when they say that they love the name

I was so worried someone would use DS's name before he was born. We didn't tell anyone but there were so many pg women around all having boys that it was a worry. And what do you know - someone did Oh well. They were far enough removed from us that we used it anyway.

The girls name we had "sortof" picked is now crossed off the list because it has been used by a friend. We probalby could still use it but there are so many girls names I like that I'm sure I can convince DH to change his mind.

I love Alannah too. It was on our list.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast