Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: General Opinions on our faves?

There are 3 Lilys attending our childcare, plus 3 siblings called Lily/Lillian. That's 6 in 96 families, so I rate it as pretty common.

I LOVE IT!!!!

I have a niece named Lily and she has such spunk. Very intelligent and a real individual. Go for it I say.....I feel that way with the name AVA which I've chosen if I have a girl next week. I understand that the name is popular but it is just THE NAME for my daughter.....it's as simple as that!

Some more mixed opinions here... I do think we will use it if we still feel strongly about it when the time comes to name a little girl. We also figure we may hear something else between now and then that we like more.

I've also convinced my OH to reconsider James NN Jamie which I have always loved. James is such a classic name and is a family name on both sides.

This also frees up the middle name. I am thinking Ian or George as a namesake for my grandfather who is very special to me. He was just this week diagnosed with an aggressive form of bowel cancer and they are not yet sure whether this is the primary or secondary cancer, and it's quite advanced. We also like Winchester which is Poppy's last name (Mum's maiden name). It's strong and OH has always loved it. Not sure whether this would sound odd as a second name - I'm not a big fan of hyphenated last names and this kind of encroaches on a double surname type feel. Any thoughts?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12