Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I think we agree on one!

Question I think we agree on one!

Ok, so we both like Kayla

Problem is, I have a 2nd or 3rd cousin called Kayla. We are friends on FB, she's only about 14 & I do see them, but only every few years. Last names would be different. Do you think thats ok?

I'm thinking a different spelling, but I really like it that way.
    Kaila? Kayla? Kaela? What do you think?

Suggestions for middle names?

I have no idea if I feel comfortable using the name. I'm thinking of pm'ing her & asking her & her mum what they think. Her mum & I get along really well. Our younger kids are similar ages & we always talk when we see each other, its just not often. I see her father more, but she's not with them very often.

I have no idea! I've loved the name since the day she was born & I first heard it!

If you love it, let your cousin & her mum know that you've always loved it and hope to be able to use it too.
    I think the distance in the family (2nd or 3rd cousin) would make it okay to use it.

what about Kaylla? middle name Jade?

Lol, as good as it sounds, her name is Kayla-Jayd. Little bit too close, lol!
    I don't mind Kaela.

I think they would be flattered

What about with a 'h' on the end?

Kaylah
    Kailah
    Kaelah

It's a beautiful name.

I quite like Kaila.

Thanks guys
    I just pm'ed them. Told them I like it, but would spell it different. We'll see!

Another question. Does it go with our other names?
    Jazmyne, Brianna, Jesse & Kaela (however we spell it)
    Does that sound right to you?

I think it suits perfectly

Thankyou

I think Kayla goes really well with your children's names. I would be tempted to spell it Kayla, as there is no ambiguity about the pronunciation of the name.
    Kaela looks interesting, but I think it is a little ambiguous, some people might be inclined to pronounce it as Kay - el -a. Also Kaila looks good too, but again, may be pronounced ky-la.
    Anyway, that's just my 2 cents worth. It is great that you both agree on a name!

Possible middle names:

Kayla Mae
    Kayla Skye
    Kayla Eve
    Kayla Susannah
    Kayla Josephine
    I am liking a one or three syllable middle name with Kayla.

Also, have you considered Clover? It is a beautiful name. There is an adorable little girl called Clover at our pre-school. I have only ever heard of 2 or 3.

Good luck!

Thanks
    I was thinking May for a middle name, its my mum & grandma's middle names. Jill is a possibility. I'm not a fan of the name, but it was my dad's mum's name & even though he didn't use it for any of us for the same reason (it really is a horrible name) I will think about it. I know pop would be very honoured.
    Skye is my name, & I'm not keen on using it

My other kids first 2 names have 4 syllables all up (Jazmyne Louise, Brianna Rose & Jesse Andrew) & I wouldn't mind this one being the same, but not worried...

I thought Clover a couple of times, but I know DH very well, & he wouldn't go for it.

Would love a nice flower name though. To go with my other girls. But no idea. We could end up with anything, lol.

smiles4u Guest

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by *Ash* View Post
    I think Kayla goes really well with your children's names. I would be tempted to spell it Kayla, as there is no ambiguity about the pronunciation of the name.
    Kaela looks interesting, but I think it is a little ambiguous, some people might be inclined to pronounce it as Kay - el -a. Also Kaila looks good too, but again, may be pronounced ky-la.
    ... i was about to come in and say the exact same thing, Kaela at first glance i thought you had a totally different name and i was somewhat confused until i realised you meant it the same pronounciation as Kayla.
    Kaila does look great but i think yeh again some might pronounce it wrong as Ash mentioned too.

Why not spell it Kayla ... i can't see how that would be a problem when they are 2nd/3rd cousins, if anything how would their Mum's not be chuffed and see it as a great compliment

I love the suggestion of Kayla Eve, sounds so pretty !!

I feel the middle name would be better suited with a name ending in 'e'

I can only think of Kayla Ariane & Kayla Trelise for now but i think a shorter middle name would look better, say less than 5 letters.

Kayla May does sound lovely but are you sure about the look of it, that some might think you are looking to match the ' ay ' in both names, not that should really matter especially if you would really love to use May

lol, I forgot your name was Skye!
    How about Jillian instead of Jill? Although that would mean 5 syllables.
    Kayla Jillian.
    Kayla May has a nice flow to it.

mmm, nice flower names? You've got Jazmyne, Rose. How about Ferne (although that is more of a tree, lol)? or Ivy, Violet, Saffron, Lily, Lotus?
    I once heard of a woman called Aloe (as in Aloe Vera!).

I like Violet
    Kayla Violet... hmmm. Not sure...

I've thought of Jillian alot in the past, but I'm not too crash hot on it either, lol. Figure since I like it about the same may as well just use Jill.

smiles4u Guest

Lightbulb

Oh Ash just gave me an idea what about two middle names

Kayla Lily May ... or is that too many 'y' s in there ??

Brisbane - where it is never like it should be.

my nail tech is a Kayla and she spells her Cala.
    I think calling her that would be fine.

I love Kayla. I personally prefer the spelling Kayla. I think it goes great with your other kids too. I was going to suggest Rose as a middle name but then I read that you already used that. I actually like Jillian & would have it on my list but DH doesn't like it. How about Paige, Hazel, Belle, Jane, June?

Kayla Lyn . might be too many L's tho
    Kayla Rose (this would've been nice
    Kayla May (i like this too)
    Kayla Jade
    Definately needs to be one syllable i think
    gl

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast