Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Iris - honest thoughts!

I think Iris is a pretty name. I actually know a little girl called Iris and it suits ehr so well

Well, and don't let this put you off... but I actually have that name pegged for when we get a girl puppy XD I love love it, and I'd probably use it for a girls name but Df and i have both agree'd on "Dylan Michelle" for a girl.
    But I love it, and if you like it and your partner likes it stuff what everyone else thinks! Kids are always going to come up with ways to tease someone about their names. Even I got it and my name is Teagan!

I like it, especially when it is spelt Irys.

I love the name! I think it is gorgeous.

I love flower names (my daughter is Lilly) Iris is admitedly one of the harsher ones but still very pretty esp if you team it up with a very soft middle name.

my nana's name was iris and i love it, it brings back lovely memories of my childhood. i would've used it too but it doesn't go with our last name. it might sound a little old fashioned but then so are ava, lily, evie and these names are all popular again and no-one talks about them sounding like granny names.
    And as for sounding like virus, i think you could come up with lots of words that sound like most peoples names....

Who cares what anyone else thinks, as soon as you have that gorgeous girl whatever you name her she will make her own!

The only Iris I have known was played by Kate Winslet in The Holiday and I liked her! So I don't think of old ladies or squishy eye parts.

I must admit it's a little old school BUT they are all coming back and it's a little different to the usual ones. You don't need to justify it to anyone.

We have an Iris who lives upstairs from us and is about 15 months old.... it's a lovely name and really suits her. I say go for it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12