thread: Scout

Add Aimz on Facebook

Mar 2008
    In the darkroom

Scout

On the announcement of Jessica Marias's new baby girl - how do we all feel about the name Scout.

I personally ADORE it for a girl. Will even run it by DP tonight for potential future use. Love it!!

BellyBelly Member

Sep 2010
    North West Victoria, Australia

Ummm. Not sure.

DD has Scout the Dog. lol

Jul 2007
    in a super happy place!

Love it for a little baby, and an adorable toddler. Pretty cool for a teen. As for a woman in her 30's, or a mum, or even a nana, I'd say no. I just couldn't imagine that name on a grown up, unless she grew up to be an actress or in a band.

Feb 2008

I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!! My DD would have been Scout except DH wasn't that keen, he chose the first name as he was really set on a name and he was really cute about having that name. Once we had DD the Midwife asked the name and I said to Dh that he could have the first name, she then asked what the middle name was and DH just looked at me, he knew straight away what it would be: Scout.

Scout was the little girl in the book To Kill a Mocking Bird, it is a black a white movie also. The little girl was such a cool little girl I loved it ever since, so 15 years later DD got it as a middle name.

Feb 2008

Always loved it, as well as Jem and mostly to do with the beautiful story they both feature in.

Although I don't think I would use it as a first name but would totally use it as a nickname. I just have to come up with the first name that lends itself to Scout. I don't think I could go with Jean Louise.

Nov 2011
    Perth

Maaaaaybe for a boy. But not for a girl. I don't like it at all. Kind of like Guide... (you know, Boy Scouts & Girl Guides? haha)

Agree with Jackrose, it'd be a suitable nickname (people have the weirdest nicknames, lol).

Sep 2007
    Brisbane

Don't like it, sorry . Definitely reminds me of boy scouts.

2014 BellyBelly RAK Recipient.
    Add Sunny Love on Facebook

Apr 2009
    In a place where Love is what we breathe!

Love it for either, but more so for a little girl. Xx

---
    - On the West Coast beach using DP's iPhone :-)

Jul 2006
    Melbourne

Not a fan for either a girl or a boy

Feb 2008

Just out of interest for those that don't like it do dyou ever read or see the movie To Kill a Mocking bird?

Jul 2008
    summer street

Don't like it and no haven't read or seen to kill a mockingbird

2014 BellyBelly RAK Recipient.

Oct 2007
    Outer South East Melbourne :)

don't like it for either, and yep had to read To Kill A Mockingbird for Year 11 English......

I always think of Jo Stanley from Fox FM in Melbourne when i hear it, as that's what she named her dog

Mar 2007
    Melbourne

I love Scout, it's not common, it's a beautiful name and I can imagine a beautiful natured little girl who grows up just as beautiful.
    I have read To Kill a Mockingbird, one of my all time favourite books and movies

Mar 2007

Don't like it, sorry . Definitely reminds me of boy scouts.
    Same here!!!! Even looked at the definition of the word lol, it's weird for a girls name. Not feminine enough for me!!!

Jan 2009

I know of another Scout who's a girl also - seems to suit her. I don't mind it, I wouldn't use it personally, but it's not one I'd dislike if I heard someone use it.

Jun 2007
    Dandenong Ranges, Melbourne.

i absolutely love it. great for a girl's name.

Feb 2008
    Near the Snowies!

To me it sounds like a dog's name..it could pass as a nickname, but I definitely wouldn't use it as a proper name.

Aug 2007
    Sydney

I Love it. And love the book too.