Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Addicted to Baby Carriers!

Juliette, if you still want a babyhawk pm me sweetie. I havent placed the order yet and I am sure we can come to some arrangement so you don't miss out.

Lol Juliette, get one get one! I'll live my Owl Paisley Aqua desires through you!

Ohhh Why did I google 'pikkolo'. They look really good. I was toying with eventually getting an ergo but I like the look of the pikkolo. I have made (does chopping fabric in half constitute making?) myself a wrap for the newborn time - while I figure out what I want.

Nelle - how do you find the pikkolo? Have you used it to carry River at all? I like the idea of something that can last a while. It is prettier than the Ergo too

Luey, dh has mostly used the Pikkolo, since I'm about to pop - which means the Pikkolo would be done up under my belly and Riv doesn't like being carried so low - I've stuck to the Mei Tai done up above my belly - if I babywear at all, too hot and don't go anywhere anyway these days!
    Dh really likes the Pikkolo (once again, not in the heat though). Riv really likes being carried in it, especially when he's tired and we're out/making dinner - he can see what we're doing and feels involved!
    I'll keep you posted as the baby is born and I fit some more babywearing in without my belly.

hehe guess who just got a pikkolo license.....

EEEeeeeeeeeek! I said to Rans just then 'I TOLD you she's the wholesale queen!'
    Awesome, they are such a great carrier (well, from the few times I've worn it, and seeing Rans and Riv so comfy in it). Awesome! You're amazing Mel.

Oh Mel, I hope I'm not too late. I only just saw this. I've PM'd and e-mailed you for good measure!

I've been wearing my RS around - I'm loving it! I'm now thinking I need a solarveil RS to go swimming with and so Sammy can have a shower with me!

The pikkolo's look great too. I'm pretty happy with my Ergo though, and they serve pretty much the same purpose I guess...

This is a serious addiction.... I think I need some help!

mel- have you got any pikkolos yet?

Gracie Catbirdbaby are out of stock of few designs at the moment so I have been waiting to place an order till they have full stocks back. I was planning on having them up for preorder next week so you can choose your design like I did with the babyhawks but I am in sydney at the moment seeing an IVF guru so dont have the internet capacity to be fidlding with my site too much. I would say I will have something up towards the end of next week.

cool....i don't really need one anyway as i have an ergo....i think i'm just an addict too!
    best of luck with ivf guru

No Gracie you DO need a Pikkolo! Just popping in to report that we used the Pikkolo with 2.5 week old Silas at the shops last night and it's just sooo comfy and Si seemed comfy too. Love it.
    Only thing I'm not a fan of is how the excess webbing dangles, but all I need to do is dig some black elastic out of the sewing supplies and tie some bands for it to tuck into. Brilliant!

Yay Nelle!! I used my CBB Mei Tei today for the first time out and it was super comfy, and looks so spunky. It got the seal of approval from Euan straight up - he spewed on it, sucked on the straps for a minute (not the spewed on bit), then promptly fell asleep. Good lad.

Thinking I might make a detachable hood for it though - E's head tends to loll backwards when he's asleep. With the wide open mouth too, it's a great look... I suspect that I'm not tightening it enough, because his bum slides down a bit so the top of the carrier ends up sitting at his shoulders rather than high enough to support his head. I do the 'bounce', but he is always so excited to go in the carrier and leans back to look around as soon as I start putting him in. I think I'll get the hang of it soon enough though!

Wow i've never heard of half these carriers you ladies are talking about, but...

I got my hug-a-bub yesterday and the sanity its saved me so far... omg it's totally worth it already!

Soooo glad I found this thread!!

Nelle - been wondering how you're finding the pikkolo...I think you've almost convinced me to get one instead of an Ergo...big call - what do you think??

Mel - going to check out your site now and see what I can see...also wondering which doc you're seeing in Sydney, strong suspicion it might be my beloved Dr S?? Don't mind me, just being nosey!! Going now...

oops sorry willow been out at a thetare show and forgot to set it live on the site before I went. Tomorrow I promise!!

and yes it is Dr. S I went and saw....

Lol at Euan Suse, perhaps he won't get so excitable as he gets used to being carried? Then again, if he loves it...well, you can't contain the enthusiasm of a kid really can you...

Rans used the Pikkolo at the shops tonight (thing we bought yesterday was annoyingly faulty!) and reckoned it was super comfy and easy. Wants to use it on an outing with Riv though, so he can give it a proper comfort test with a heavy kid.

Willow, I've not used an Ergo, I might see if I can try one at the next nappy meetup, but if you're considering more kids, I think the Pikkolo's a winner, since you can use it from newborn without needing an insert. Also, in the Pikkolo kids can face outwards - Riv's too big for that and Si's not there yet...but I know that Riv loved it in the Bjorn when he was younger. The Pikkolo also has a head rest, so if you have a problem like Suse describes where sleeping bub's head lolls back, it can be supported.

I would have thought the CBB MT's would have a sleeping hood Suse, since the Pikkolo's do...? Weird.

Nelle, Euan's been carried since birth, so you'd reckon he'd be used to the excitement by now!! He's little Mr Up'n'Go though, always wants to be looking around, and woe betide if mummy dares to stop for a second.

Yeah, it is weird that the MT doesn't have a hood, but they're not difficult to make!! kinda like a hanky with straps. I've seen detachable hoods for sale but I can't remember where.

Willow, the Ergo also has a hood - and a pocket. The pocket was the selling point for me (that and timing - I needed it for a trip to Melbourne and wouldn't have got a Pikkolo in time). I think that the Pikkolo is more compact though - it has lighter padding. Nelle, the waist-band on the P is unpadded, isn't it? This doesn't mean less comfort though - far from it. The Ergo is designed to sit more around the hips, where the P is more like a true MT and the waist band sits on the waist - is that right Nelle?

I would so love to get my sewing act into gear and make a MT, I've got some gorgeous Japanese silk that would be awesome for panels. Maybe one day - it's something you wouldn't want to stuff up - is it!?

Yep Suse, unpadded waist, but that's changing soon, think the next lot of Pikkolos they bring out will have a lightly padded waist - which I *think* we'll be able to get for current Pikkolos too.
    And yep, it sits more around the waist.

Oh Suse, there are some gorgeous homemade MT's around!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast