Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Addicted to Baby Carriers!

There are, aren't there Nelle! I've seen some on BCD and TBW that have just been gorgeous. Hey, that just gave me an idea - I could see if anyone on BCD is interested in a 'my fabric, your sewing' arrangement. Probably safer than attempting to make it myself (Although I'd really like to give it a go)!!

Mel - I had a look last night and was going to PM you cause I couldn't 'see' anything! LOL.

Will have a look today.

PS - Hope Dr S can help, he's a bit of a legend in our house for obvious reasons!

Nelle - more kids...hmmm not according to DH! was an ordeal to have our little boy and not sure we're up for repeating the process....now I'm thinking maybe the Ergo would be better. But L loves facing out in his bjorn. Arrrggggh! I can't decide...

If L loves facing out Willow, go the Pikkolo! That's why I got the CBB MT, because it has the same cinch mechanism that lets me carry him facing out.

The only reason I'm hesitating with the pikkolo is because it looks much 'flimsier' (for want of a better word) than the ergo. I have a bad shoulder and the ergo looks like it will support DS's weight a lot better??

The shoulders of the Pikkolo are padded with Memory foam (like in those fancy pillows), so pretty comfy. I don't think it's as bulky as the Ergo, the body is canvas, with padding here and there.
    I've heard people really like the Ergo for back carries - something to consider is if your kiddo's ever a 'leaner', the body of the Pikkolo is higher, whereas leaners can be a pain in the butt in a shorter bodied carrier...

Are you in the Baby Carriers Downunder google group? Google them (surprisingly enough) if you're not, they've got a sort of Carrier Library - because what I'd really recommend is that you try both before you buy. I bought the Pikkolo without trying, and totally don't regret it, I'd heard enough good reviews to go for it - but if you've got a tricky shoulder, then it might be worth seeing which you prefer before investing.

OK, now this is getting ridiculous. I've been feeling the love with my new MT, but have now decided that a linen ring sling is just what I 'need' to really round out the collection.

Google Sakura Bloom and look at the Hana range and you'll see why I'm in lust. Mmmmmm. The ginger and black is what is floating my boat right now. (Although in absence of significant amounts of cashola will probably source the linen and silk myself and get it made as a double layer sling locally).

Am also going to attempt to make a MT myself. I'd still love a babyhawk (will probably need a toddlerhawk for when Mr Tall gets a bit older), but want to get the sewing love happening.

Here's a shot of Euan in the new mei tai, nice or what?
    http://www.bellybelly.com.au/forums/...9&ppuser=10733
    Last edited by suse; April 28th, 2008 at 09:41 PM. Reason: Added link

Yeesh Suse, they're nice!

You never know about the BabyHawk, River was like Euan, long and skinny for so long, and now he's average height and chubby as! He slowed down!

I had a dream that I owned a Vatanai Maruyama wrap the other night! I'm not even a wrapper! But now the thought's been planted in my head...

That's classic Nelle! I've been dreaming about carriers too, but not wraps yet. Now there's an addiction for another day...

Have you checked out the BBO? If for nothing else but to read her FAQ page, which is most entertaining... I've just been having a look now and they look v. nice too.

A BBO is a Mei Tai isn't it? I'm not allowing myself to get interested, I already have a Bear Hug Baby one, and technically I own a BabyHawk (with diabolical Mel still holding it ransom for newborn snuggles!). I will definitely check out the FAQ page, but not now, because I'm supposed to be helping Rans move furniture, because we're getting a piano tomorrow!

hehe diabolical Mel promise it will be delivered on friday nelle!! I just thought I would save you postage!

and yay on the piano!!

Yep, it's a mei tai, but a different kind of design - the straps are really wide so it almost looks like a wrap. And they are made from a single type of fabric, so instead of having a decorative panel with plain straps, the whole thing is in a decorative fabric.

Yay on getting your piano today - how exciting!!!!

Yaaaay Mel! And yep a piano is super exciting, just fak now so I hope they don't come just yet! :P

Hmm well with two MT's and a SSC based on a MT...a BBO isn't high on my priority list at the moment, luckily!

ohhh what a great thread, I love baby carriers I've got an ergo which is my favouriteeeeeeeeeee so comfy even for big toddlers! And then for quick trips I love my babasling. Somewhere around here I've got a hugabub, used it twice, HATED it but figured I'll keep it til I have a newborn again and maybe its comfy with a newborn? My daughter was about 8 months but 10kg when I got it and it was just not fun. The only thing I like was people thought it was just my top so didnt LOOK like a carrier, and lets face it not all carriers look that appealing lol

I've had a baby bjorn and baby bjorn active, cant really rave about them I guess they did the job but they were never very comfy for me or baby. I've had other cheaper brand ones too.. the cheaper they got the worse they got. Will never go past my ergo though!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345