Thread: Babywear Outerwear...??

Default Babywear Outerwear...??

Right, so I oohparently DO NOT learn from experiece & despite my Pumpkin hating every carrier I have tried her in so far have gone ahead & ordered an Ergo anyway....

It's already COLD here however & will be even more so once I get it - I don't want that nasty grey ergo papoose coat or whatever it is but have googled & found some other coats in the US, the most popular seems to be something called the kindercoat...?

I know it's a long shot but I was hoping some hard core babywearer has gone to the trouble of getting something like this shipped out so they can tell me what they thought OR what do you do when you want to wear bub out & about when it's freezing??

TIA!

*coughs* Edit: Ordered one... they were on special... I couldn't help it.... fingers crossed now Pumpkin will like the Ergo!!!

Last edited by QueenMab; May 2nd, 2008 at 10:14 PM. Reason: I have a hole in my pocket....

I have no comment about the Ergo but you make me laugh so much

Queen Mab - go to the google group Baby Carriers Downunder and search for kindercoat. They just recently did an ordering co-op so quite a few of the members have them.

Oh, I just saw your ETA - cool - have fun with it!!

I'm going to have the same problem in June - we'll be in Melbourne for a week and it will be bloody cold. I'm going to have to improvise though, no point buying something just for a week - Euan's still in front carries so I can wear a coat unbuttoned over the top!

Just go to a regular department store with your baby in the carrier and find a coat which is enough sizes too large to zip you both in. The mens wear section is particularly good since the coats are usually a larger fit through the shoulders and also longer. An anorak- parka type coat works well for this.

Suse, for rear wear, couldn't you wrap a pashmina or two in a shawl-like fashion wrapped around behind baby and tied at your front? Or around bubs, under your arms, then back over your shoulders and tied behind your neck (sorry this is all conceptual, worth mucking aroud with)!

It arrived (my coat!!) - now to get my ergo paid off, then to test it out in some dismal weather!! (Stoopid sunny day...!! Mind you, if it were cold I'd be upset as I still couldn't test it out... so I'll be quiet. I got my coat!!!)

Yay!!! You'll have to let us know how you go with it!