Thread: carrier for older bub (1yr old)?

Default carrier for older bub (1yr old)?

Hi

I am looking for a baby carrier for a 1 year old, but not sure which ones work for older babies.

I am wanting to create bonding type closeness, for when bub needs comforting. Would also like to, at times, give bub ability to wiggle legs etc to gain strength. My back is getting sore as she gets bigger but because of physical issues, she might take a bit longer to get her own mobility.

Any recommendations?

Cheers,

Kate

Probably something like the Ergo would be best for a bigger bubs, they are quite exspensive but lots of people rave about them. I recently bought one to use when the new bubs comes along, but havent had a chance to try it with my DD as I was already very preg when it arrived. I know a few people who use them with 17mnth + babies, and they can be used to carry bubs on your back or front.

second what Ali said - Ergo's are fab for older ones - i use mine for both my 17 month old and 3 year old! Can't fault it (apart from abit expensive!)

Julie x

Can the ergo be used on the front for older bubs?, the pics only show older kids on the parents back.

my DD is 12 months and i use it with her on my front, i havent mastered the back position yet!!

go the ERGO ..
    i carry nixon in the front possy all the time , he is 10.7 kgs ... and i cant feel the weight of him ...

he really like the back carry too ...

We have a Hug a Bub & I carry Jovie in it still. I have looked into the Ergo as well but haven't bought it.

Yep definitely reccommend the ergo. I have an 8 week old, 23 month old and an almost 4 yr old and I carry them all in it. (obviously not all at once lol )

I think that the Baby Bjorn Active might be suitable for older bubs too (I hope it is as I bought one...).

the ergo isnt to much more than any other carrier & its fully worth it.Sometimes I find my 2.5 yr old easier to carry than my 9month old in it. I also put her on the front when i havent got someone to help me get her on the back...............I also havent mastered getting them on the back on my own yet

Hi

I looked up the Baby Bjorn Active and it says the max weight is 12 kg. I am looking for something that will last awhile longer, so looks like i might be shopping for the ergo.

Thanks,

Kate

We are ERGO mad in our family. Love it. We all do. Even my old Dad who is 74 loves it!
    It has made a huge difference to most of our days and we cant rave about it enough. We loved the HUGABUB pre ERGO - but with heavy lads - this is our best purchase in our parenting life.

that photo is gorgeous!