Thread: Dressy baby carrier for a wedding?

Default Dressy baby carrier for a wedding?

Hi,

I'm going to a wedding and would love to find a dressy sling to wear Ethan in - I just think my Hug-a-bub would look a bit weird over my nice dress!

Any suggestions? It's in 1.5mths time so I need to get it soon.....

What about a pretty ring sling - I've seen some nice ones on ebay, you could get one to compliment your dress! If you're crafty there are patterns too I believe...

Or, google Babyhawk mei teis, Sarah brought them up in her thread about baby carriers & they are absoloutely gorgeous.

Hope you find something suitable, look great, & have a fantastic time!

There are some absolutely gorgous ellaroo ring slings around - beautiful embroidery, applique, patterns or plain.

depends on how old/heavy bub is!

I think there is a market place member selling babyharks that have lots of people talking about gorgeous fabric! wrigglebots or something like that?

A peanut shell is another option that is easy to use and are quite nice.

Hmmm...you want something that you'll re-use though do you?

A reversible BabyHawk Mei Tai could be an option, I know I'm deliberately getting a more conservative panel so I have the option to babywear at functions...if you were getting it from Wrigglebots, you'd want to email/PM Mel to make sure you'll have it by the wedding though, since it's only pre-orders that are up.

Actually...*nelle goes to check*, she sells Karma Baby Slings, which look like they're pouch style - we have a pouch and it's grouse for standing around making conversation, like you would at a wedding, and then if you need to put it away, they fold up nice and small - ours just stays in the nappy bag. Could be worth checking out? We use our pouch a lot, and she's got some pretty paisley patterns that wouldn't look out of place at a wedding. Pouches are super easy to use too.

A ring sling could work, if you're cool with the material hanging down, and they can be plain or patterned. I saw a pretty floral one in the 'sassy' section at Bear Hug Baby recently.

How do you think you'll be carrying your baby? Actually, the more I think about it, the more I reckon you should check out a pouch first...

ETA: Oh yeah, Peanut Shells are pouches too. If you google you could find a retailer.

Hi Gals,

Thanks for your suggestions. I'm on the hunt for a ring sling now made from an evening-type fabric (I've seen some lovely silk ones on US sites). I can see how you could end up with so many carriers!