Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sling-a-holics....?

Hee hee Eugenia - so it was you who snaffled that O&A. Nice one. I always love it when I work out who someone else is on another forum - often I pass people like ships in the night until one day the penny drops. Although I tend to mostly lurk on BCD these days - I just don't have time to post anymore But occasionally I poke my head up and say hello LOL.

Maz - to do the monkey hold in a sling you put them in the hip hold and then cinch it around. Very useful when installing car seats!! I am looking forward to being able to use my slings again, but at the moment it is far too painful and my belly is in the way.

Hi Suse!

Yes, it was me. I hope Beth can get around to the post office this week but I told her I wasn't in a hurry (I lied!) so I'm not expecting it to be sent til next week. I'll post pictures on BCD when I get it so pop in to have a look.

Also I lost the argument with myself. I am now in the market for a wrap, if only I could decide what I want

If you're in Brissy, possibly a Vatanai will suit best - they are lightweight and airy but still really supportive, I love mine. The stripes are apparently a bit airier than the jacquards. They are great hot weather wraps, Didy waves are comparable in airyness but a little thicker, Indios are denser again and Storches are denser again. I have Vat Tibet, Storch Leo, and a Waves MT conversion and I only use Leo as a single layer carrier in the cooler months, whereas I can use the Vat in a FWCC all year round except for the very wettest/hottest parts of the year.

curse you evil sling pushers! Here I was innocently lurking on this thread and now I went off and looked at the Scootababy San Francisco and I'm thinking mmmmm pretty
    curses curses curses!

Mwa ha ha ha! (That was an evil laugh if you couldn't tell). My evil work has been accomplished.

Mmm, Beth had a silver waves that did temp me. Maybe I'll go ask if she still has it....

Go for it pixie - the Scootababy is an awesome carrier. I find mine incredibly comfortable, and before now I had huge problems with one shouldered carriers.

So does anyone have a hip carrier??? Did I get a good buy with the Ella Roo Mei Hip Carrier?

Thanks for answering me re the back wearing Ali......that might be somethign I can do with Vy...OMG I could carry her on my back and Mateauz on my front....I so gotta try that.

Of to google scootababy now......ENABLERS

Maz - the Scootababy is another type of hip carrier, so if you've got an Ellaroo, then this will be similar. I've not worn an Ellaroo, but I think the main difference is the windpro shoulder on the Scootababy, which I can say from experience is the most comfortable shoulder I have worn that is not a wrap. The buckle on the shoulder is different, and I think that the Scootababy has a more padded waist than the Ellaroo, it uses a similar foam type to the Ergo (it uses memoryfoam). I think that the Ellaroo waist band ties rather than buckles, but I could be wrong. Scootababy is a pretty expensive carrier though, especially with the current exchange rate. I got mine about a month or two ago and with the US dollar it was $175 AUD including postage, whereas they were heaps cheaper six months ago. For $17 you can't really go wrong LOL.

As for getting bub onto your back, there are three main ways - a hip scoot (where you put the carrier on as you would for a front carry without tying it, bring the body of the carrier over the baby, then scoot bub and carrier around onto your back, leaning forward as you bring the straps over your shoulders), a superman toss (easier for wraps than MTs - you put the wrap or carrier around bubs like a cape, swing them over your shoulder then lean forward, smoothing the wrap over their back or tying the straps. Google it or look on YouTube for some videos which explain better than I can), or you can sit bub on a chair with the carrier behind them, and then sit in front of them and do the carrier up. The easiest way to get a bub onto your back but harder to get a really comfortable fit.

Well I should put my hand up and join on in as an addict.
    I just received my Vat Maruyama last week, love it, so soft after a wash and soooooooo comfy. I am still on a learning curve to get it tied properly but Elise doesn't mind too much, she smiles as soon as she sees me with it in my hand. She just loves to be carried all the time.

And tonight I was able to snag my self Radar, check out beetlebums. I am so excited to get this one!!! Can't wait to try it out.

Now I need to figure out what I need next and how I can convince DH that I absolutely need it!!

omg ll80!!! i can't believe you got 'radar'!! i was stalking it all week and then missed out last night. i'm so jealous!!!
    waiting for next stocking now, hopefully there's a pretty one with my name on it

Quote Originally Posted by ll80 View Post

And tonight I was able to snag my self Radar, check out beetlebums. I am so excited to get this one!!! Can't wait to try it out.

Now I need to figure out what I need next and how I can convince DH that I absolutely need it!!
    hyena queen **waves hands**

lol

I need to save up so I can get one next time to. I don't use wraps need the support for back as have an injury but love my mai tai and scc.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitt3n View Post
    hyena queen **waves hands**

lol
    oh yes lol should have mentioned my favourite hyena, but I am trying to keep her underwraps so I can use her for my own evil hyena ends mwahahahaha

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12