Thread: 1 month old routines???? & Silent Rwflux????

Default 1 month old routines???? & Silent Rwflux????

OK... yet another 2 questions...

What was/is your babies routine at around 1 month old?

Kiara seems to change from day to day... Somedays she is really settled and eats, plays sleeps like clockwork, but other days (like the last few) she can't decide what she wants... She is ony taking 60-90 mls each feed, down fron the 100-115 she was taking last week, and she falls asleep straight away for about 15 minutes, then screams, when we've settled her she'll sleep again but only for a short time!!!

We seem to be burping her/patting her more often than ever, and she will still bring up or burp 3 hours after last feed... She is also farting like a trooper and they're smelly as!

Also what is silent reflux and what are the symptoms?

any advice or stories VERY welcome and greatly appreciated..

ETA: as you can see with title... i'm ttyping with one hand as the only way i'm getting her to sleep more than 10 mins is by holding her!!!

hi
    i don't think you can really have a routine for a month old baby, my DD is 3 months and we still don't really have a routine, only when it comes to bed, bath feed sleep.
    i don't know much about silent reflux, but my other DD had reflux when she was little and she used vomit alot until i put her on to a thicken formula.
    we still have trouble with sleep sometimes she will put her self to sleep but most time i need to cuddle her, hopefully when we get back from holidays soon i can get her to start to sleep by her self.
    I hope this helped

Silent reflux is when they regurgitate alot but don't vomit as much. They tend to be very painful especially after a feed and need to be fed more frequently. Matilda had silent reflux and at 6 weeks was diagnosed with it because she had burns on the back of her throat due to stomach acid. She would arch her back and pull her legs up in pain & scream for 6-8 hours daily. We could never leave her laying flat. The only time she ever slept was in an inclined position on her belly. I often slept with her in her Hug-a-Bub sling in a recliner chair. She co-slept with us & would sleep for up to 2 hours and then need another feed as when the stomach is empty the acid increases & it is painful for them. After a while we started comping 1 formula feed at night which didn't make any difference to the amount of time between feeds, but gave me 4 hours off where I could sleep.

As far as routines go... we went mainly by demand feeding & infant led routines & didn't even attempt anything until she was 12 weeks old. HTH!

I have a silent refluxer and it's just awful to see them in pain. It's like when you get that awful bile taste in the back of your own mouth. It's just like heart burn. We have controlled her with Zantac, but she's not a chucker at all so it controls the heartburn symptoms only.
    If you google RAISA they have some great info and support.

As for routines.....

My bubs is 5 and half weeks and she pretty much sets her routine. Some times she'sll eat play sleep, othertimes won't sleep or will want another feed before her sleep or sleep right after a feed. I just go along with it.

Ashleigh over the last couple weeks also has been vomiting more. Usually couple times a feed and also burping farting heaps, sometimes I am amazed at how much wind she passes she could give DF a run for his money! And the amount she feeds varied too. Its hard to tell exactly cause I'm BFing but some days she'll be on there for ages and other days just a short time.

I don't think its silent reflux cause i think bubs who have that are usually in alot of pain and get quite upset at feeds.