Thread: 12mth old still small

Default 12mth old still small

Hi my daughter was born at 36 weeks and weighed 1.8kg or 4lb because i had IUGR she is now just turned 12mths and only weighs 7.4kgs i am just wondering has anyone had a baby still small at 12mths my husband is only small 158cm and i am 168cm

Hi

My baby is also small. He was born 3.5 weeks early and weighed 5lb 15oz or 2716g.
    Our Paed has told us that it takes time for little premmie bubs to catch up.
    He also told us that he may not be huge as I'm quite small even though hubby is bigger.
    My son is 7 months and weighs 6.4 kgs now.

If you are worried I'd suggest talking to your dr or health nurse and see what they say

My son was born 38w6d and 3.485kg. He is not quite one and still weighs less than 9kg (closer to the 8kg than 9kg). As long as she is meeting all of her other milestones, weeing and pooing and eating /drinking then the weight itself is not so much of an issue. Has she seen a paed?? Are they happy with her progress??

We haven't seen a paed and Oscar has been in the bottom 5% ish since not long after birth, but he is consistently there. He is just lean!!

My daughter was not premi, 39 wk 3.4kilos at birth and 7.4 as well on her 1st birthday.

She did however have a medical problem found at 18 months. But is now a healthy nearly 5 year old weighing 18 kilos.

My niece and niephew are both small for age in weight. my niece weighs only 16 kilos at 5 and half and niephew ways only 11 kilos at 3 and are both healthy just small.

Some babies and children are small no matter what.

thank you for your replies my daughter has seen a paed and he is fairly happy with her as she in in portition and up to date with her milestones she has been in the 3rd percentile now for a while i just wish she would get a little fatter/bigger

My little girl was born term and weighed 3850kg so she was a biggish baby but since then her weight has always been on the low side. She has just been weighed for her 1 year check up and she weighs 8.1kg. She is healthy just petite. Don't worry about her weight is she is healthy and happy. Some bubba are just petite.

She is probably just meant to be small - remember that those charts are made up of babies from one end of the weight spectrum to the other - so if she is on the 3rd centile, then there must be other babies that size to even have a 3rd centile kwim? Im sure she is just perfect

My first bubba was 4.125kg and stayed on 95-95th percentile until 4 - DD was 3.57kg so not small - but has just turned 3 and only weight 11kgs!! She dropped quickly to around 10-20 percentile and has pretty much stayed there. However she is happy, healthy and talks far too much But, it caused me a great deal of worry due to the difference between the two in their baby/toddler years.

My DD was 0 wks early and 1.5 kgs she is now 12 months old and is only 9.5 kgs. It takes time for an IUGR baby to catch up. We were told that she will more than likely be petite My DD has a healthy appetite and was told by her Paed to put butter and cream/cream cheese in her mash veges as it would help her along abit.

My DN (dear neice) is almost 1 and only weighs 5.5kgs, I think she has done really well considering she was only 669grams when born.