Thread: 4yr old DS is having 2 babies

Default 4yr old DS is having 2 babies

My darling 4 year old DS has been telling me for a while that he too has a baby in his belly, i found it quite cute, he would tell me he has to eat this and that because the baby in his belly needed it, just copying things he had heard.

Yesterday he announced to me in the car he is going to have 2 babies, i asked him how he new, he told me beacuse ive been drinking lots of milk and water and eating lots of good food. I had to have a little giggle, he then proceeded to tell me that when he has to go to school Nana and Grandad will look after his babies. His babies talk to each other and move around in his belly.

I thought this must be his way of feeling involved in what is going on, Should i be concerned about it?

I don't think you should be concerned (I'm not an expert though). But I really just wanted to reply and say thats gorgeous! I'm sure its his way of feeling involved with the baby growing business (you know, like something special you and him share, both growing babies and all that kind of thing).

My DD1 did something similar when I first explained to her that I was pregnant, except hers was a baby dragon. If she farted, the baby dragon breathed fire and when she poo'd the baby dragon had come out. Now I have had bubs she talks about feeding the baby dragon from her little boobies. I don't think it is anything to be worried about, I think it shows that they have a good imagination.

LOL Astrid at the dragon breathing fire
    My nephew did this too when SIL was preggers with her twin babies. He even went into labour at one point at the dinner table - "the babies are coming! Quick!" to which my 11yo neice responded, "No need to hurry - this is his first baby, he'll be in labour for hours yet". LOL, the daughter of a midwife.
    I think it is gorgeous, tan. Nothing to worry about IMO

gosh no....nothing to worry about. You are his teacher (and mummy...), he is simply copying what he sees everyday. My 19mth old DD when i was pregnant with number 3, would walk around the house with tweety bird under her t-shirt - she was pregnant like mummy. Perfectly normal.....

When I was pg earlier this year my daughter had a baby zebra growing in her belly and she too was going to feed it with her boobies when it came out of her mouth.

I haven't told her about this one yet as she was so upset last time but every now and again she refers to the zebra that's still in her belly but not ready to come out yet.

I wouldn't worry about it at all, my DD has a very active imagination and comes up with all sorts of things that make me giggle.

Glad to hear others with similar stories, i was thinking of buying him a baby doll, one that he can bath etc at the same time.
    I find it so very cute and love the things he comes out with, he loves a cuddle on my lap before bed every night but i have to be careful that i dont squash his babies, lol
    He is going to Nanas tonight to check that it is ok for her to look after the babies for him. I love it.
    He assures me they are good babies, one is called Lachlan and the other snow
    Lachlan is what this baby is going to be called, and Snow is his much loved Guinea pig.
    I am sure its his way of staying close and sharing with me, I have worked full time since he was 1, so he loves spending time home with me and has really become my little mate.

that is sooooooooooooo adorable!

lol thats cute i wouldnt be worried about it. My niece is the opposite, she told me the other day that if I have more babies can she have one coz she doesnt want to be pregnant. She is only 6. she also cried the other week coz she doesnt wanna grow up lmao...u have to feel for them, its such a hard life LMAO!

smiles4u Guest

Talking

Oh, what a precious story .... made me feel all mushy inside !!! I just love their imaginaion, it's so simply honest & pure

I don't think that you should be worried! I think that its so cute!

He he how cute, remind him of that when he is a teenager lol!

my DS is nearly 4 and liked to pretend to be pregnant during my pregnancy. even now he still says he's pregnant sometimes - like the other day he told my mum he can't run at the park becaus he has a baby in his tummy! he also insists he's a girl, which gets kinda irritating... but the way i see it, i'm his primary role model until he moves into the world of school etc. and it's logical that he wants to be like me. at this age some kids live very much in their imaginations and that is quite normal.

Im glad to hear others have experienced this, at first i wasnt worried then a seed of doubt was planted by a well meaning family member.

I find it very cute and love hearing how his mind works.