Thread: 8 week needles

Unhappy 8 week needles

Took Ewan for his 8 week immunisations today. Two needles, one in each leg and some syrup out of syringe. He was such a good boy, hardly cried at all..................but I BAWLED!! Won't look next time!!!! That would have to be one of the hardest things I have ever had to do.

You poor thing. It probably hurt you more than him. It gets easier though.

I feel your pain!! I had to take DD1 to all her needles except 12 month, where i made DH take her. I knew she would understand what was happening and she is strong....i waited outside and could hear the screams, broke my heart!

i cant bear to take DD2...so make DH do it.....was ment to do 4 month needles the other day but i couldnt take her as she was in a happy mood!!

You say 2 needles....wow....DD2 (as did DD1) got 3 needles and an oral at her 8 week lot. Have they changed it??

Kim, yes they have changed it. And apparently the injections are "nicer" than before. Would hate to think what they used to be like. Is hard to do it, but better to weather it than not as the repercussions of not doing it could be worse is spose. Probably did hurt me more than him!!

Nita