Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Am I over doing it? 1st time mommy needs some advices!

Quote Originally Posted by Carmen2 View Post
    I gave her some finger veggies and everything ended up on the floor... and guess what, my chihuahua has learned to be around DD during her meal times so she could catch bits and pieces from the floor.
    I would let the chihuahua go, less cleaning up for you!

Quote Originally Posted by Carmen2 View Post
    Hopefully it won't be like today... she's gotten 3 baths... had to clean the messy floor along with her soiled laundry from the vomit.... not the best day!
    Can you buy or make an art smock for her? If it has elastic at the wrists and ties up close around her neck and covers most of her legs, it should catch most of the mess. Then you might only have to do hand and face washes before you let her free.

Another alternative is to have one 'messy' top each day that you put on for meals. It beats changing her after each meal.

Hope things are looking up,

Kate

I introduced her some mashed banana
    I don't know exactly what happened today but it seems like her reflux has acted out
    Hun, banana can cause heartburn, thus it could have been what caused her the reflux that day?? Also try to limit her tomato intake. Tomato is an acid and can cause reflux and also some diperrash. I had a colic/reflux bubba, so I learned the above the hard way

Seems like you are doing great!! And do try the avo, my dd just LOVES avo. When I introduced it, she used too suck it straight off the bread and leave the bread for me to eat (no chihuahua )

Just to make you feel better ... I have always said that I will start dd on fingerfood when her teeth comes out. Well she was a little late bloomer and started getting teeth at almost 12 months!! And then I started giving her stuff and saw that she actually eats like a little cookiemonster with those gums!! So do give her stuff to self-feed. The girls had great ideas, rusks, toast, biscuts, soft veggies. You can even try some over-cooked pasta spirals later when she has the veggies under control.

Goodluck and keep up the good work

You are doing a really terrific job. There is no need to stress about what is normal. Normal doesn't exist. All our bubs are different and many are not eating full meals or even three meals a day until 12months. Your GP mightn't have said much as they may be no problem with what your daughter is doing! She sounds perfectly fine playing with her food, being a monkey etc I would really stick with milk feeds first then solids half an hour afterwards for about 10-15mins (if you are spoon feeding). If she is not taking it she doesn't need it and is not hungry. My DD has only a tablespoon of solids some meals and she simply doesn't want more. Keep up your super work!

Today has been a much better day. I think I will have to cut down on her apple juice, tomatoes, and bananas for the moment since her reflux is not quite settled. Does anyone know how long it will be till DD grow out of this whole reflux issue?

I will be buying a vest for her so I don't have to give her a bath every time something comes up. I hate having to bathe her so many times but the foods that she refluxed out also had some milk which brings it to quite a offended odor.

I have also been trying another thing. I am giving her three small meals (I cut down the tablespoonfuls so she wouldn't be so full). Then 1/2 hour to 1 hour after her meal, I give her a bottle to finish up. Hopefully it will work out this way for a bit... if not, I guess I will cut down her meal to 2 and continue with her bottle the same way or if she demands more of it (which I doubt as she's not such a big eater but more a baby who's interested in trying new foods).

When I feel discouraged after a tough day, I usually come back to BB and read the posts... by doing so, I feel that I've gotten the encouragements that I need since DH is at work and don't want to be calling him to vent out my stress.

Hopefully, things will settle down soon and by then I'm sure something else will come up and then here I come again!

Thank you all for your replies and making me hang in there!

About how long the reflux will last ... it differs from one bubba to the next. My dd just stoped having it and tbh I did not even noticed it right away Just one day suddenly hit me that she does not reflux anymore. She still get some light heartburn, you know when you trow up into your mouth, that kind of thing. But that only happens when she has a little wacky-time after a meal or bottle!

About the apple juice ... you don't need to cut that out. It's good for them, you can only dilute it. Half cooled-boiled water and half apple juice. I still give dd only diluted juices You can try litchi juice also.

Nadine,

Thank you for sharing your experience with me. I will continue to give her apple juice but dilute it out.

Hopefully her reflux issue will fade away as she grows. I hate to watch her get so uncomfortable when the reflux acts up plus not to mention the cleaning part!

No problems Happy to have helped

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12