Thread: Babies and pools (private pools)

Default Babies and pools (private pools)

What is the youngest age anyone has taken a baby into a private pool. I can understand wanting to wait until they've been immunised before taking them into a public pool...but what about a private pool?

We're going to Jack's grandparents' place this afternoon, and I really want to get him in the water...and me too!!

Aaah, stick his little feet in at least. I just keep their ears well clear of the water. If it really smelled of chemicals I wouldn't put him in though - that's jsut me.

My girlfriend has been taking her kids into pools since they were newborns. My Brother's kids have been in pools since they were a week or so old.

We had the 12 month & the 4 year old in the pool yesterday.

He should be fine, if it is chlorinated, just make sure your rinse him off straight away rather than him sitting in the clothes that have the chemicals on them. At my swim school, its a tiny indoor chlorinated pool, classes start at 6 weeks for babies! Have fun!

If its someone you know, then as early as you like. For public pools I waited til after 4 month immunisations.

we started at three months of age we used a new oyzone(?) treated pool Paige loved it stopped around winter time as it got too cold and haven't really started back again (she's always got a cold or something when we start to make a move to go back)

We took him in the pool - it was quite a warm day, the pool was pretty cold but he seemed to enjoy it. Afterward, I changed him, (was going to bath him when we got home) fed him, he fell asleep on me at about 4.30pm, we stuck him in his capsule and he slept in there until 12.30am!!!

Today, I put him down wrapped, awake and fed and he went off to sleep without a whimper...he's just coming out of a 3 hour nap!!! Maybe the pool is the way to go for unsettled bubs!!!

Tehya and Abbey were born in our pool. Is that early enough

Other than that I think it's totally up to you and what you feel comfortable with.

I first took Joel into mum's pool when he was a couple of weeks old. Helped that the weather was very warm. He snuggled up and fell to sleep