Thread: baby book/diary question

DoubleK Guest

Default baby book/diary question

I just wondered how you all keep track of your kids milestones/memories/new words etc.

i made krystals 'baby book' scrapbooking style. but that went up until 12 months. i thought i should just make another one, but do a double spread for each month, with a few pics, and all the info i want.

however, i have pieces of paper everywhere with paragraphs written about her.. eg 'each morning when we have breakfast, krystal likes to get the cerel box off the shelf herself, she gets a spoon out for each of us..........' im not sure what i should do with all them! i know i should have written them in a notebook, neatly at the time. oh i wish i had now!
    maybe i should put an envelope on each month page, and put the notes in there, and just concentrate on her words, photos, and maybe special occasions.. (eg holidays, or first time swimming... etc) on display. i can always pull the notes out to read if i feel like it.

ok, i think i answered my own question here! lol but im still interested how you all keep track! and if you are disorganised like me! (im generally a very organised person, which is why this is on my mind everyday!!)
    what do you think.. its just a matter of finding the time to do it i guess!

Would it be easier for you to keep an electronic journal for her using all your notes? Just an idea- type up (if you are a typer) all your notes and keep them in the one Word document (keep another copy on a memory stick) and you can add photos too. Then you can do cute fonts, colours etc and either keep it electronic, or print it out on nice card say once a month to make little booklets or print it out normall and pop it in an envelope in your scrapbook.

Just a thought Rach... if your DD gets to the bok, and pulls apart the envelope with all your notes, will you have lost them all? Just remembering some stories mum told us about when we were little bubbies, and pulling thiings apart was always fun lol!

It might take some time but maybe type them out line by line, and you could cut them out stick them to each page, maybe near photos like captions?

A GF of mine made keepsake boxes for each of my boys to hold cards, hospital tags, and so on. I have a paper journal for Flynn and an online journal for Ollie, but to "even things up" (I thought the paper one was more "personal") Ollie will have a traditional baby book where as Flynn did not.

I highly recommend a book called "Making Memories - A Parent's Guide to making childhood memories that last a lifetime" bu Josie Bissett. It has great ideas like making a quilt out of a baby's bunny rugs, collecting little sound bites of them talking and making a CD for fathers day, having a special photo taken with your kids each mothers day, putting a baby's t-shirt on a stuffed animal so you can remember how small they were, and so on....

DoubleK Guest

thanks ladies

im thinking maybe i should type everything up (what a job that would be! but not impossible!) and either print and put it into envelopes, or stick down next to photos like alisia said, maybe pick some that have relevant photos.. and the rest in envelopes..

well whatever i decide to do, i really need to get started! as the months go by, she is just learning/doing/saying more! and its hard enough to keep up as it is!! lol

Why not keep the notes in envelopes year by year and stash them away somewhere, then present them to her on her 21st birthday? It will save you re-typing them...