Thread: Baby growbag/sleeping bags?

Default Baby growbag/sleeping bags?

Hi ladies,

Charlie, bless him, has made the transition from hammock to cot just recently, with no problems at all. BUT, it is v.chilly here at night, and he is crawling all over ther cot and whilst he doesn't wake, I am scared of him getting cold.

(We never had this problem with Olivia, because when she first moved from hammock to cot we were in Darwin...)

So I am thinking that a baby growbag/sleeping bag will be the go? But have no idea on the required features/ best brands/best places to get them.

Ideally I want to buy 2 I guess, but they need to be machine washable/able to chuck in the drier too...

So, for anyone who uses a baby growbag/sleeping bag, can you give me advice? (And if you have an online store that you use, please don't put the link in here, but feel free to PM me!)

Thanks lovelies,

I think there is a threaad on this in general baby/toddler forum.
    We have grobags, and they're great, other than Milo chews on the top when he doesn't want to go to sleep! And the 2.5 tog ones, while cotton, are high fire danger..I didn't realise this before I bought it..

I brought Alex two sleeping bags 1 i got from Target and the other from Myers. They cost me $50 in total. They are not thick ones but seem to keep Alex very warm and he has pj's on as well.

cazoraz Guest

I just buy cheap ones from Big W for about $10, they're made of pj type material, really warm and wash up well. My babies grow so quickly and need bigger sizes so frequently that its much more cost effective!

I have 2 of the Grobags.
    Couldn't live without them as DS also travels around his cot while sleeping.
    Ebay tends to have them, but i wouldn't say they were competitively priced.
    The 2.5 tog is the best for winter.
    I've also found that DS has begun to associate wearing his Grobag with sleeptime. So bonus! LOL

Locking and moving thread to Baby and Toddler discussion...

HERE is discussion on grobags