Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Baby Modelling

nothing here either.....
    nikki

Proud Mummy Guest

No not as yet, been to one casting only... but thats what the industry is like. You have to be lucky as it depends what age and look they are searching for at the time. There may be a period of 6 months where they only look for bubs 2-4 years (eg)
    It just a matter of being patient, bubs turn will come soon

i just got the most recent Kmart catalogue and previous Target toys catalogue and it is full of baby and toddler redheads, why isn't my readhead in there?!?!?!?! I was thinking of sending his pics directly into Coles Myer and seeing what happens, who knows, they might ring Tinlids and say why haven't you shown us this little stunner!?!?

It that too stage mumish?!?!

I am just ****ed that I never get anywhere or at least any replies with Tinlids

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Have you tried ringing Min or do you just send e-mails? If you ring and get to speak to her it's harder to aviod you then, e-mails are easy to avoid.

yeah, have tried that, and I just get the spiel about emails being down. And then have to go over everything again

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Awwwww bugger, that's really disappointing. I doubt we will be with them for more than a year.

ETA: Maybe you should threaten to report her to someone because you don't feel she's being above board? That seems to get people's butts into gear.

Colleen Guest

ive called target / myer / kmart directly and they all say to go thru *insert agency here* but you might have better luck.

I hassled Bettina about whether or not jay was being put forward and after 3 or 4 emails i would get a generic reply saying something along the lines of its the luck of the draw.

Yep, my daughter got chosen by Target mainly because she looks like one of the girls from The Saddle Club... the other girls that were chosen alot that year looked like the other actresses in TSC too. So they choose children for odd reasons like that.

omg,tin lids just rang and chantelle has been called up to do a photo shoot for target tomorrow,oh dear i am so nervous and excited.i am supposed to be having an ultra sound at the same time...what to do what to do.....its on the other side of town in a park.....oh dear oh dear.
    nikki

LOL don't be nervous...the staff that shoot for target (if it's the guys from Huge Studios) are lovely. No need to be nervous... infact you've got to be relaxed or else Chantelle might pick up on your nerves and get a bit unsettled. I'm sure you will find the whole experience a lot more relaxed than you're imagining. Sometimes you have to wait for a while for the shooting to start so take along something to occupy her! let us know how it goes!!! Good Luck!

Nikki or someone with TinLids, can u perhaps ask them if they have an affiliate in Sydney? I wanna get my girls into baby modelling, but DH is wary as u hear of all these fraudulant agencies who "put you on their books" for a fee and you never hear from them again untill it's time to renew your membership or whatever....

i am actaually not nervous about the shoot,just a bit anxious about what a huge day i have tomorrow,i have changed the u/s for 11 am so i wont be as rushed.now i just need someone to grab the boys from school as i am sure i wont be back in time....
    wow,i really wasnt expecting a call,hope it goes well,would just love to have a copy of her in a catalouge for a keep sake.
    nikki

Yeah Nikki - Thats great!!!
    Let us know how you went - I'm sure it will all be good!

soooo excited for u nikki and we'll all have to keep that catalogue for u when it comes out *L*

okay we are back,didnt go too well im sad to say.
    when she originally rang me asking for chantelle,she said that they wanted her because she was size 0 and could stand on her own,i said no she cant,she can only stand with something ore someone to hold onto.she said that is fine,and gave me the address,
    so we get there and the location was beautiful in a park by the beach.they ask me if chantelle can stand on her own and i explain that she cant etc.they told me to go home....very sad i must say,we decided to stay and watch,they were very friendly and apologetic and they thought that chantelle was beautiful but they were very disapointed that carolyn misled me.we still get payed though which is good.
    nikki

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Awwww that's a shame Nikki

That happened to me at a shoot for tilly. It was for a DJ's catalogue and when we got there, tilly got stage fright (she was one and was clingy). We too got sent home but did get paid. Was soooo disappointed so know how you feel xo

OMG, that is fo unfair Nikki, that is the agencie's fault for sending you, I wouldnt be too happy with that, getting all the way down there and then being told to go home, esp when you are PG, you should let Carolyn know that you weren't happy with that.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast