Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Baby Modelling

Hello,

I have decided to cancel my appointment. I just dont feel right about it as yet. Maybe when she is a little older and can decide for herself

good luck to all of you though!

luv ambz

Kris you will have to take a pic of the catelogue and put it on Louis site, i havent seen the catelogue this week.

Well ive just read through this whole thread and the consenus (sp?) seems to be majority of these agencies take plenty of kids but don't often get work. There seems to be positives and negaties for all of them
    Anyway i have bitten the bullet and decided to go ahead with Bettina. Nixon has his photo shoot tomorrow so hope all goes well. If it doesn't go well within the next 12months i'll review the situation then, but got to start somewhere right! We will be moving interstate in a few months which shouldnt be a problem because they have an agencies in Syd/Bris/Mel

Ambz Savanna is just adorable!

Hey Nic - I'll let you know when I get around to it!! I haven't updated in ages so need to do it all soon anyway!
    Have fun at his photo shoot!

well i took Nixon to have his photo's done today.
    he was such a good boy if only some potential casting people could have seen him lol!
    there was another young girl (12yo) getting her pics done and they let us go first incase Nixon got unsettled, which he didn't. Then when i was looking at the pics etc the ladies mum playing with him and gave him a bottle (complete stranger!)

anyway pics are good but i didnt think there were AS good as some professional ones i had before xmas (the one on my ticker is one of them) he was smiling but alot are only half smiles because we was so taken by all the whiteness of the place and all the big lights
    oh and would u beleive i was clapping my hands to get him to look at me and for the first time he would clap back! hehe proud mummy moment but meant a lot fo the pics his hand/s are bit blury cause he was clapping!

anyway takes 4-5weeks to process so will c how we go from there.
    Last edited by nickers; January 24th, 2007 at 09:36 PM. Reason: Cant spell!

Yeah on everything going so well Nic!

chantelle has a photo shoot for target on monday,yipee!!!!
    nikki

Congrats on the photo shoot and Harry nikki

Good luck for Monday!! I'm sure she'll do really well!

oh aweseom Nicole!! thats great, good luck for Monday

Question Bettina Modeling Perth

Does anyone know anything about this agency? They want me to bring Sari in for an 'interview' but if they are the type that charge to have your baby on the books, I am not interested..
    Thanks Nets

$400 what a waste of my time!

Default Baby Modeling?

Hi Guys,

Just wondering if anyone has any experience with child/baby modeling agencies and how they operate? Any info, good/bad would be appreciated. I am neutral about the whole concept at the moment.

I sent DD's picture to Bettina as a lark, and they've rung me back to ask her to come in for an 'interview'. From what I've heard, these agencies are known for asking parents to fork out money to have their kids on the agency 'books'. Or to pay for portfolio shots.

TIA,
    neuri

We've taken DD to Tinlids for interview and she is now on their site - it cost $250 and that includes a photo shoot. I didn't think it was too much money as I see it more as a hobby (for me!) and something to do and it would be kind of cool to see her on a brochure somewhere! The lady who runs it is VERY professional and caring and I felt totally comfortable during the whole process.

I wouldn't put my kids through an agency as such (becasue I don't have time nor inclination nor the fees, LOL!).......but Olivia has been used for a couple of spreads......pure coicidence really. She is the poster girl for our local branch network of libraries, which makes me very proud.......

I have to be honest, I have not heard great things about any of the agencies.......they all seem to take hard cash off parents for very little return........but that's only what I have heard...it may be different in other states?

We signed up DD to an agency a few weeks ago. It cost about $500, but we decided to try it for a year and if she hasn't had any work by the time it is time to pay fees again next year then we won't sign her up again.

At the appointment they took some gorgeous photos of DD, which we get to keep, plus we get to take more photos in 6 months time at no extra charge, so all in all, I don't think that the fee is unreasonable. Will wait and see what happens though...

paradise lost Guest

I was approached by an agency regarding DD, modelsdirect. They wanted to put her on their books. They do the portfolio and all the other stuff for free, you just have to show up with the kid. They keep some of what they earn but you don't pay a penny to go on their books, though once they work they pay a fixed fee every year (it's less than a pound a week) to stay on the site - for that they update the photos every few months.

I declined as i don't think it's for us, there's no WAY she'd sit through the preening and fuss and i don't want her worrying about how she looks until she's a lot older. To me if you're having to pay for it then how serious can they be about your kid? Like they thought DD would get work so they wanted her, it makes THEM money, not just her...if that makes sense.

Bx

Hi,

(an update from original post)

Thanks for your responses. I do agree that if they want your baby, seems odd to pay them if they want to represent him or her. But then I think that's how a lot of them operate for baby/child talent anyway.

I rang and was told the following: That they charge about $500 per year for membership which includes portfolio photos and other stuff. And if your kid doesn't get any work for 12 months, the next year's membership is waived.

I can see it being a fun sort of thing for a mum/dad and their bub to do if they have the time and the spare dollars for regisatration. But as I don't have $500 to spend on something that isn't a priority on my non-working days, I withdrew our interest.

Neuri

hi there
    just wondering if anyone has any recent experience with any of the agencies?

Thanks

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast