Thread: Baby Monitors

Default Baby Monitors

Has anyone got a good one that doesnt buzz non stop? I have a fisher-price one (the one before this current model out now) and it just buzzes all the time, it is driving me insane, seriously. So i need to find a new one and would like some views before i rush out and buy one!

Hi there... yes dont you hate that!
    I had one that did that and i sent it back to the store as it drove me nuts

I now use
    a phillips one - it is yellow and white - and it doesnt buzz!
    not sure of the type though...

~Belinda~ Guest

I have the ANGELCARE MOVEMENT AND SOUND MONITOR, I bought it from Target, it is brilliant and have never had any issues with it

I also have the angelcare one.. The new model , It doesn't buzz at all.. The old one never did either.. Brilliant monitor.. You can buy it just as a sound monitor too..

i have a fisher price tara and its fine

Lindam Baby Talk Rechargeable Baby Monitor

Lindam....not a buzz comes out...crystal clear..best one ive ever used!

Butterfly_Princess Guest

LOL.. your all going to think im weird..
    I have the newest model fisher price one, and yes, it does buzz, but i use it as a guideline for how loud i have it lol. When i start hearing the buzzing is when its perfect volume, i dont mind the buzzing either, i find it soothing..
    But if its nto too loud there isnt buzzing.
    Last edited by Butterfly_Princess; June 14th, 2008 at 08:25 PM.

lol I have thtat model FP one too and DH and I were only talking about that it must be time to chuck it out the other day. Seems to be getting worse too.

where cosmopolitans and margaritas flow all night

I got a Fisher Price Lights & Sounds. It will buzz depending on where it's placed. In our bedroom it doesn't buzz unless the bedside lamp is turned on then it buzzes really loudly. If I have my phone plugged in charging then it will buzz very slightly but not enough to be annoying or keep us awake.

In other parts of the house I can hear radio, but it usually lives in the bedroom and I figure that if it makes other noises during the day I don't care, it's night time when I'm sleeping that it would bother me but it doesn't do anything so it's good.

I can hear DD very clearly and depending on how loud I have it, sometimes it's like she's right next to me. Because the green power light is so bright though I've had to stick some bluetac over it so it doesn't keep me awake with the brightness.

I had that model too and I used to jsut turn it right down so that I could barely hear the buzzing. I didn't want to hear DD every move, just when she was upset, and believe me, she knows how to make herself heard :-)
    But she ended up getting a hold of the parent unit and wrecked it. So I bought the Target Baby Club Monitor and love it. It was cheap and it doesn't buzz. It actually only kicks in when a noise is heard (it's noise activated) IYKWIM. So the parent's unti is on standby and only if a noise louder than a certain threshold is heard, then the parent's unit turns itself on. You can also make that threshold higher (if there is a lot of ambient noise like heavy rainfall) or lower (if you want to hear a slight wimper.
    Sasa

Hello Taralee. I like the Angelcare too. Maybe it's possible to find a secondhand one on ebay if the price is a turn-off. Congratulations on your coming bundle of joy