Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: baby photos

Tigergirl1980 Guest

We had pixi photos done and they turned out beautifully, and the staff were wonderful, very happy with them here. We got 6 poses in all the sizes they take for $335 and a free large one. Where abouts are you?

Hi Linda,

If ppl knew more about the pricing of private photographers I think they would get used more. I guess with pixie foto and the like they suck you in with the freebie foto and the $10 sitting fee so you think you're getting a bargain.

I need to investigate the local photographers here cos there is no way I am paying pixie fotos prices. I take my freebie and run.

Where abouts are you? You sound like a good photographer. The other thing I look for in a professional photographer is whether or not I get to keep the negs cos thats important if you need to make copies in the future.

Hope that helps,
    Laura

thanks laura, i agree, i think more people would use us if they knew more about how competitive we are.

i am in taree, nsw. a small town. but i would recommend that you ring around a few photographers in your area. if they are a good photographer they will not need to 'force' you into a big package, because they will know that their photographs are good enough you will want to buy them all regardless!!

thanks for the feedback!!

Linda

mooshie Guest

i have had pix done by pixi they were okay nothing to rave about - i only took the free one because i am going to go to a professional photographer for family shots.

just something i heard about pixi and dunno if it is true but my sil was telling me her friend works for pixi (just taking bookings etc and is not a photographer) well one of the ladies was away one day and the boss just told her to pick up a camera and start taking photos so now if anyone isn't there she does them.

seems a bit bad imo that you pay so much money for "professional photos" and the photographer isn't even trained.

Debbie Lee Guest

Linda - a girl in my mother's group went to a photographer here in Geelong that has an excellent reputation for beautiful photos. Before the sitting, she had asked several times for a price list and each time was given an excuse. Anyway, she had the photos done and she picked out 4-6 photos that were smaller than a standard sized photo and they were going to charge her $1500!! When she turned them down, they got upset saying that no one had ever declined their photos. She just said that if they had told her the prices in the first place, she wouldn't have bothered. So you can get burnt going to an independent photographer. I guess she should have been a bit suss when they didn't want to give her any prices.

Vanessa - I went to GFP studios too. They are on Gabby's site under "Gabby's First 6 Months" and then "Gabby's 5th Month". I thought they turned out really well. I was a little annoyed because we were restricted to 3 poses from out of a book, but they worked well, I think.

I had pixie photo approach me at Target on Thursday. I want to get Gabby dressed up in the bumble-bee outfit that they have. Hopefully the photographer is one of the nicer ones and doesn't rush us through. I would't mind waiting a while to have more photos done tho. Our lounge room is alread covered in photos of Gabby, LOL.

wow debbie, that is terrible!! i can understand people being wary after that!

Linda

Colleen Guest

I just had photos taken of Jaykob at Myer (Portrait Place)

I got a 6 pose collection for 360 with a free 3 photo frame ( it holds 3 x 5x7 photos)

Now heres the thing, they wanted over 800 for the collection, i said "pixi do the same collection for 360 and without even flinching, the lady said OK we can match that

SO PLEASE ALWAYS bargain on the prices! - THINK ABOUT THIS - they are just going to throw them away! they want to make some money out of them!!!

I saved $500!! not a small amount !!!

Debbie Lee Guest

Thanks for that info, Colleen. I will remember that!

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Our photographer at Pixi was great, and she took her time with us too. We also went straight through after filling out the forms so it was very quick and easy for us, I would use them again.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12