Thread: Baby ROO and GymbaROO.

Default Baby ROO and GymbaROO.

Has anyone taken their baby/child to babyroo and/or gymaroo? I tried looking on their website but i cant get into it at the moment, so would like to know what it is all about. Hope someone can help me!

Thanks,

Pietta Guest

I've never heard of it Tegan so i will be interested too!!

I got confused for a moment there Tegan... we have a baby and childs play and music centre right near us, but it is called Gymboree, not Gymbaroo.
    I think Gymbaroo has something to do with childrens development programs??

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Marisa has been to GymbaROO from early on, and we love it! Elijah will be going too next term.

GymbaROO is franchised and all centres are run differently, I have heard some people didn't think much of their local centres while others love them to bits. The beauty of franchising! So check out your local centre for a bit or perhaps have a trial before you sign up for a term.

Anyway, the two centres I have been to in Melbourne (now we have moved) have been great. It is structured with playtime, floor time (consists of songs, dancing, word of the day - which is part of a theme per term etc.). I have no doubt that it's one of the main reasons Marisa is so strong, co-ordinated and I feel it really does help with learning skills.

The one I go to now is great, they even bring in real examples of the word of the day. Once the teacher brought in a mouse for the kids to see and hold, cupcakes for them to eat, candles to blow out etc. Of course parents go and are interactive with the kids, obviously you have to watch them! But it's great fun. Now I have Elijah, I send dad off with Marisa so it's good bonding time for them - funnily enough Saturday classes seem to be daddy days - the dads often take the kids!

They start from 6 weeks and go up to 5 years, I would say definitely go for it!
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

I took one of my little charges to Gymbaroo when I was a Nanny, he was about 2 and had been going since he was a baby, I found it to be great fun and the children love it which is the main issue I`d never force my child to do something like this if it wasn`t in their heart to want to do it.

I`ll be looking for a Babyroo/Gymbaroo when I have my little one, we could be there together Tegan

Take Care

Deeanne

Tegan, just been looking on their website and there is one at Maitland for 6weeks to 5 year olds.

I`ll be a great way to get out and meet other parents and babies.

Take Care

Deeanne

Vanessa Guest

I take Liam to a music and gym development group, it is not Gymbaroo or Gymbaree, but a local private group that has ties to the Australian Gymnastics Association(when they are walking, you have to pay a yearly membership to).

I started taking Liam when he was 4 months, he hated tummy time, and in less then a few weeks there, he was happy having tummy time. We did songs and rhymes involving tummy time, I did them every day. He loved them.

He was also crawling early, I put it down to the strengthening and stretching activities we learnt. Each week there is a new theme, the songs and the activities go with the theme.

Anyway, I strongly recommend doing it.

Well this topic has inspired me to enrol Aidyn is the Gymboree up the road! DP can get us a free pass for one session from someone at his work, and if we like it then I think I will enrol him...
    I'm sure we will like it, the programs sound like great fun! Gymboree also has music centered classes, however I will just do the play ones first and see how they go.
    The Gymboree I am looking at only has 2 locations in Brisbane, nowhere else in Australia, but it is very big overseas apparently.

Pietta Guest

I am going to go and check out the one that is in almost the same suburb as me!!

I'll let you know how it goes

Thanks for the info Kelly. I might just give it a try. It sounds really good. And Deeanne, i knew there was one in maitland, it would be great if we could both go there!