Thread: Baby waking in the night again!

Default Baby waking in the night again!

Hi there,

My baby girl is nearly 5 months old and fully breastfed. Since about 2 months she would go to bed at night about 7, have a feed just before I go to bed and then sleep until 5 -6am. The last couple of weeks though she has been waking up at 1-2 for a feed and then up at 5.30. Daylight savings have started here so I don't know if that is the problem.

She is also a bit harder to settle in her cot and seems to want more cuddles. Sometimes it will take an hour for her to get to sleep.

Just a few questions. Do you think her waking up is a sign that she needs more food? (ie should I start solids?).

Anyone have any similar experiences?

Has your DD got any teeth yet? my children have always seemed unsettled during the night a week or two before their teeth pop through. Having said that babies often do change there sleeping paterns during growth spurts.

Daniel did EXACTLY the same thing. We just persisted with letting him know that we are running the place - not him, and that he is in bed to sleep.

It seems to have worked.

My CHN said it is because at about 5 to 6 mths they start to remember that they like you and that you aren't around - separation anxiety.

I just go down to his room - say soothing things, put his dummy back in and say "goodnight" every time. He soon went back to sleeping through again. It took a couple of months though.