thread: Bags under eyes....?!?!?!

Feb 2008
    Country Victoria

Bags under eyes....?!?!?!

For as long as i can remember Mia has had bags under her eyes. But she sleeps 12 hours at night and has 2 day naps. She just always looks tired because of them. Not sure if there is any pics that u can see them well on here but feel free 2 look at my gallery. Is it normal to have bags under her eyes all the time??? is there anything im not doing?? As far as i know, it doesnt look like it runs in the family.....

Feb 2008
    Country Victoria

Oct 2003
    Forestville NSW

Hun what I say may not be what you want to hear... but its a tell tale sign of food intolerances and allergies.

Matilda used to have huge dark circles under her eyes, for the first 3 years of her life. She doesn't anymore...

Feb 2008
    Country Victoria

hrmmmm how odd. She has been checked for Lactose Intolorance. I think it has stayed the same, and hasnt changed since she has been on solids??????

BellyBelly Life Subscriber

Feb 2006
    melbourne

maybe thats just mia!

Jul 2008
    summer street

It might not be "bags", but just her skin shows up the veins under her eyes more than other babies. Can you see her veins anywhere else (like the temple). I really don't know...just offering a suggestion...

Feb 2008
    Country Victoria

maybe thats just mia!
    Maybe it just is..

BellyBelly Life Subscriber

Feb 2006
    melbourne

shes still cute!!!

Oct 2006
    Adelaide, SA

I think bags under eyes may be a lack of iron as well, have you had this checked?

Meo Guest

From your ticket picture, it looks more like you might mean puffy eyes? If that's the case, she could be retaining fluid (it's not just a PMT thing, 'coz she looks a little young for that! lol). Retaining fluid can indicate too much salt or that she's not getting enough water (either through BM or bottle) so you might like to get her hydration levels checked?

kirsty_lee Guest

Ohhh now Im checking Ava's eyes lol. She's got bags too And she drinks like 2 or 3 bottles of water a day!

Feb 2008
    Country Victoria

I would have thought she is getting enough iron from her formula and all her vegies?

she doesnt have much water.. just whats in her bottles. SO should i be giving her more? How do they check iron and hydraytion? KL.. does water seem to make it any better?

kirsty_lee Guest

Nope it 's never worse never any less. they aren't dark but just like normal bags under her eyes.